March 30 Main Bunch Good Bike sunday

Guest EPCC

• Life Members

Billy,

Do you have plan return route after "Dukes Pass"?

If not, then can I suggest we head towards Callander after the Trossachs Hotel along the A821, cafe stop in Callander then return via the B822 towards Thornhill, "top of the world" then Fintry and the dessert of the day - Crow road climb from the Fintry end. Back to the bridge via Lennoxtown, Strathblane & Hardgate.

This will be approx. 90-100 miles clubroom to clubroom, ideal training :-)

What'd you think?

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Sorry chaps, I might have mis-calculate the distance. I did it with Richard & Iain C a few years ago, but we started & finished in Glasgow and I seem to remember that it was 80ish miles, so I would hazard a better guess at over 100 miles clubroom to clubroom..............brilliant I hear you say Billy........even better! :-)

Just to make it more "rouleur friendly", we'll obviously need to get to Aberfoyle via Stockiemuir road, Dryman then "the Pike track"............oh lovely!

Get your crampons on folks! ;-)

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Mark,

I'm not fussed about staying on the main road to Aberfoyle, but I'm not familiar with the route on the main road. So will have to rely on your & others expertise on that one. :-)

Cheers

Chung

• Members

Hi Chung did that run Last year and was around 80 ish miles from Erskine bridge, tough old run mate. Unsure how you'll get to Drymen but I use the farm road from Alexandria to croftamie, bit bumpy but no traffic. Enjoy mate

Iain

• Life Members

Hi Chung did that run Last year and was around 80 ish miles from Erskine bridge, tough old run mate. Unsure how you'll get to Drymen but I use the farm road from Alexandria to croftamie, bit bumpy but no traffic. Enjoy mate

Iain

Hi Iain,

Would that be the "cycle route 7", from Bonhill to Croftamie?

We normally go through Hardgate after the bridge, Stockiemuir road, Queens View, Croftmamie then Dryman.

Care to join us again for the run, would be great to have you!

Cheers

Chung

• Members

Gents what time will you be at the bridge on a Sunday?My mate Alan who was out last week ( and lasted a lot longer than me), is also up for joining the club run. Will probably head back at Drymen as need to play the dutiful son on Sunday

About 0935 ish as long as nobody is late

Might change route as Chung and George can't make it

Plan three as no frost bridge kyber tak crow from the north side caffeine then home 85 miles or so

Who's in