Ride London team entry

thejanullrichdietplan

• 2023 Subscriptions

This is a crosspost from the sportive section so more can see it.

Anyway the details for the club entry for those that were unsuccessful in the original ballot is available now.

http://www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk/The_Events/Prudential_RideLondon-Surrey_100/Entries/British_Cycling_Club_Challenge.htm

We are again offering British Cycling affiliated clubs the chance to apply for team entries for this 100-mile event. Team categories are all men, all women or mixed (two male and two women) – you must specify the number of teams you want in each category when you apply.

Team entries close at 17:00 on Friday 21 March.

Application

Applications can be made by clicking the link below, you will be asked to provide the the name of the club, the number of team entries requested together with the name and email address of the person responsible for managing the club’s entries. If you have any enquires please: email [email protected]

Event Details

Successful teams will be informed by Friday 28 March. Clubs can apply for more than one team but all applications from a club must be co-ordinated by one person on behalf of the club.

Each rider within the team must pay their own entry fee (£48) and complete their own online entry form; all four riders in the team must have completed and paid for their entry by Friday 25 April or the team will lose its place.

There are places for 400 teams in the British Cycling Club challenge. If applications are received for more than 400 teams, a ballot will be held.

Every club that had a team riding in the 2013 event and applies for 2014 is guaranteed a minimum of one team in the 2014 event.

Please note:

• A team comprises four riders
  • Every rider in a team must be a current British Cycling member
  • Teams can comprise four men or four women or a mixed team of two men and two women
  • Riders who hold an Elite or Category 1 British Cycling Race Licence are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge
  • Riders who have already secured an individual place through the original entry ballot or a charity place are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge

So far we have myself, Tom, Charlie and Al interested. Was wondering if there was any other interest before i fill in the application form and request 2 (or more) team entries instead of 1?

• Life Members

Iain,

I'm not a "British Cycling Member", can I enter? I'm a paid up Johnstone Wheelers though, does that count since our club is affiliated to SC/BC.

If I qualify, then I'll give it a go!

Cheers

Chung

• Administrators

Iain,

I'm not a "British Cycling Member", can I enter? I'm a paid up Johnstone Wheelers though, does that count since our club is affiliated to SC/BC.

If I qualify, then I'll give it a go!

Cheers

Chung

You need to be a BC member.

• Life Members

Thanks for the info. boys & girls!

By the way, Billy, do we need a medical certificate or doctors note to ride the Paris Roubaix? Obviously for physical health reason rather than mental :-)

Cheers

Chung

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Good news on the entry front :) I have sent the email to confirm and will post further details when i get them next week

We are delighted to tell you that Johnstone Wheelers CC application for teams into the 2014 Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 Club Challenge on Sunday August 10th, has been successful.

You have been allocated:

0 Female team – please note this cannot be swapped for a different team type.

0 Mixed Team – Please note this cannot be swapped for a different team type.

1 Team of your choice (Male, Female or Mixed)

I will need confirmation by 5pm on Wednesday 2nd April of your team choice, Male, Female or Mixed. Once I have received this confirmation you will be sent the entry links for each of the above teams.

Each rider within the team must pay their own entry fee (£48) and complete their own online entry form; all 4 riders in the team must have completed and paid for their entry by 25 April or the team will lose its place.

Please note:

A team comprises four riders.

Every rider in a team must be a current British Cycling member.

Teams can comprise of four men or four women or a mixed team of two men and two women.

Riders who hold an Elite or Category 1 British Cycling Race Licence are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.

Riders who have already secured an individual place through the original entry ballot or a charity place are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.

If you have any enquires please email [email protected]

Kind Regards

Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 team

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Got the email with the entry link and details last night - deadline has been extended to 9 May. The entry link is https://regonline.activeeurope.com?eventID=1533725&rTypeID=155583

The form you fill asks for an estimated time - i put in for 4 hours 20-29 minutes . Which sounds pretty fast for a 100 miles however i managed to do it in 4.34 last year so the closed roads and big groups really help the speed (as a comparision it is about 40 minutes faster than ive ever managed a 100 miles before or since!)

----------

I am delighted to confirm that your email link for your Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 Club Challenge on Sunday, August 10 is now ready to use.

In order to allow your 4 riders to complete their online entry form and pay the entry fee please forward them the link below which is for your Johnstone Wheelers CC Male Team 1 team, which is a Male team. Please note the team type cannot be changed.

Each rider within the team must pay their own entry fee (£48) and complete their own online entry form; all 4 riders in the team must have completed and paid for their entry by 5pm on the 9 May 2014 or the team will lose its place. This date will not be extended under any circumstances, so please do ensure all your riders have completed prior to the closing date.

Please note:

A team comprises four riders.

Every rider in a team must be a current British Cycling member.

Teams can comprise of four men or four women or a mixed team of two men and two women.

Riders who hold an Elite or Category 1 British Cycling Race Licence are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.

Riders who have already secured an individual place through the original entry ballot or a charity place are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

OK guys signed up and paid for entry.

How is everyone intending getting there?

I thought about either flying or train and hiring a bike (£95 for carbon framed for weekend)

Alternatively we could drive, taking our own bikes, assuming a share of the driving, the journey would be ok.

Could also go down in camper van if looking to do it on the cheap.

Al/Tom

I went to/from London by Virgin west coast train for last years event and it worked well. Things to note:

- you can only book the train 13 weeks in advance

- bikes travel free and have to be booked separately

- only room for 4 bikes on each train, so get n quick

I stayed in an apartment in he east end. One bedroom, two beds, small kitchen and lounge. Meant I could eat to suit and keep bike in room. Marlin Apartments, Stratford.

Staying in the east end worked well. Registration is in the east and it took 3 mins to get to the start.

I cycled across London from Euston to the apartments with my backpack, around 10 miles. The organisers take your bag from the start to the finish, which is 10 mins cycle from Euston.

Worth spending time drinking free beer and listening to bands at the park at he end. I watched the end of the pro event before going for train.

Great event, fast course, minimal hills and good two days in London.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Think the cheapest train tickets are released 12 weeks in advance. I was approx £60 last year return to Glasgow. Bike was in a travel bag so didnt need to book a space however if im taking the train this year i 'll probably just book the bike on instead. Manhandling the bag through the station and onto subway for the journey to the hotel at rush hour was probably the most strenous part of the weekend!

• 1 month later...