Sunday 12th January Club Run

chung

• Life Members

Morning Folks,

Thanks for the advice guys! I'm looking out at my street & it does look iffy.

I'll be at the clubroom regardless, to see what the score is. If things are bad, then is there any chance of a turbo in the clubroom? Will need someone for keys though. I'll stick the turbo in the car just in case then.

Cheers

See you later!

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hard frost in Langbank and Erskine bridge was icing over last night. From experience, I prefer my clavicles in their current condition, so reluctantly I think I will be going on the turbo for one of MacB's relaxing little sessions!

• Life Members

Well, I'm home now!

Didn't expect much when I arrived at the clubroom this morning, but 11 started from the clubroom. Most even cycled down too including Paul from Lochwinnoch, so it couldn't be that bad then.

Boyd & John left us after Houston no doubt exploring the finer Renfrewshire back roads. So 9 went round the coast via Greenock, was briefly joined by a Inverclyde Velo all the way to Largs for some refreshments. Charlie opted to continue & carried on with out stopping as he was pushed for time.

It was decided after we would retrace the route back up the coast for the benefit of a tail wind ........ which only last till Weymss Bay!

The bunch motored on against the head wind with everyone doing their turn except eh... me. Thanks guys, I was just hanging on for my life, couldn't do any more! A quick decision was made to head up the Clune instead being battered even more if we stayed on the Westferry.

I had to cut onto the cycle track at BoW after the elastic snapped for me coming into Kilmacolm where the rest stayed on the road. I bumped into Dave & Carol doing a spot of jogging near BoW. But still manage to get back to clubroom where the guys were already loading their bikes into car.

It was a hard run even though it's flatish, but I'm glad we went out!

Thanks for the wheels chaps! Really needed it today.

Till next Sunday, cheers!

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

By the time we hot largs I was bust. Decided to go on as had to take Matt to airport but also thought if could get up hayliebrae u guys could then tow me back. My worst effort up the haylie bar none. Could barely turn the pedals. Got to track at kilbirnie only to b joined by the inverclyde velo guy who had done the west Kilbride circuit( so finally answered Alan me leans question) so instead of a tow I had to up the pace from pedantic to brisk. Any way I was smart enough to tell him I was taking track back to bow and declined his invitation to join him on Kilmalcolm rd. after he left phoned the wife who picked me up from lochwinnoch. Great to b bavk

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good run today, early on the ice was pretty bad on the side roads but once out on the main roads it was alright.

Feeling a bit better than i was a few weeks ago but still got a long way to go. Was at pretty much full gas up the Clune to keep up with Alan and Mark who were taking it easy and chatting away!

84 miles was a long haul for me with my current level of fitness. Also, sheltered at the back with Chung after Gourock on the way back. Some twinges of cramp up the Clune. Rejoined Chung at BoW as I had taken the track from Kilmalcolm. I had only brought one bottle of energy juice cos I didn't think we were going that far!!

• 2023 Subscriptions

84 miles was a long haul for me with my current level of fitness. Also, sheltered at the back with Chung after Gourock on the way back. Some twinges of cramp up the Clune. Rejoined Chung at BoW as I had taken the track from Kilmalcolm. I had only brought one bottle of energy juice cos I didn't think we were going that far!!

84 miles is enough to complete the Strava Gran Fondo challenge...i ended up adding on a couple of extra miles at the end so i could get it finished :D