18th August Kilcreggan Club Run alternative to 30 Milers.

Paul C

Billy, you're a jinx!!!! Must have been after 10 before everyone got to the bridge thinks to a freshly cut hedge causing multiple punctures in the bunch.

Anyway we got there in the end and had a reasonably good run. A bit stop start due to flats and the wide range of riding abilities, esp on the vertical bits. The pace was variable but to be expected, still when we got a head of steam up it wasn't bad at all considering the wind. A quick sprint to the cafe stop saw a few flushed faces and no more question about how fast do you guys usually go were asked. We packed out the cafe at kilcreggan (the look on the waitress's face said it all). With a favourable wind the pace picked up on the return. Glen Fruin was binned with Sinclair Street billed as the alternative.

Bill T, Alan T and Graham opted for the main roads back to the bridge while the rest of us cracked on up the hill. A quick regroup after which the pace was ramped up during the dash for the bridge. Chung and I parted company with the bunch riding back thru town, everyone no doubt had the joys of the stiff breeze over the bridge.

Good to see some new faces and out faces to names on the forum. A solid run and the intermediate guys did pretty well again. You guys are better than you think you are. You just need to get out of your comfort zones. I'm guessing tired legs and smiley faces all round.

M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thoroughly enjoyed that, even if I couldn't live with the pace for long, and very, very, very tired by the time John S. and I turned onto the Georgetown Road. Thanks to they guys that gave us a tow from the cottages, we really needed that. Did I mention I was tired?

Thanks for the company guys.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks all for the run and both the physical and moral support! I need to get more miles in before the equivalent run next year.

It was good to meet some members I hadn't come across before, the tows were much appreciated, I'm hoping my legs will feel better tomorrow.

Really enjoyed today despite the weather. It was actually ideal for me. 87 miles on the clock with a mixture of main bunch pace in parts but not so much to totally burn me out. Thought the mileage would do for me as I haven't been that far since Mallorca! Good café stop and good company as always. Next weekend would be ideal to build on but have visitors so hopefully see you the weekend after. Al....yeah, the wind on Georgetown Road was a bit 'blustery'! :grin:

Guys, another 10-15% improvement and you'd start to sit in comfortably. Being tired is good means you've worked and will have improved. Bottomline you all survived, got road even if you limped or got a tow home - we've all been there. Good effort all round guys. you now know what you actually can do and should look to work at something like that level every other week to keep moving forward.

Enjoyable day today with the guys, nice to meet a few new faces hope you got alot out of it tday,the intermediates excellent effort from u all and helped make up a sizeable bunch,mark a think

U will need a new voice box after today!a think everyone shld b shouting more then the bunch

Can communicate with each other for a more controlled ride,ma highlight of the day was catchin couttie halfway up sinclair st after at the bottom there was money changing hands to allow for a good head start up the hill ! As i softly krept up on couttie i couldnt help but notice a hand going to the back and stupidly thot that there was a parked car ahead then as i focused more on the hand i noticed that it had became two fingered gesture,and as i passed the GENTLEMAN IN QUESTION words of encouragement were sounded my way lol ! Really enjoyed tday with 109mls to fin,paul sorry a wasnt paying attention to the rd to kilbarchen !

Cheers j