JWCC Confined 25mile TT - Tuesday 9th July

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

After 5 weeks on the Georgetown, the confined events head for Uplawmoor for the next two weeks.

Tuesday 9th July is the first of the 25mile TTs on the A736 near Uplawmoor.

The start is shown here: - http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/events/event/1/2mtfo430mlosr04si94f7hoq0o

If that is not clear, here are words from Jim and Vicky from a few years ago:-

Jim - A736 Barrhead to Irvine Road. Start at the old Builders Yard/garage on the Barrhead side of Shilford Hamlet which is near Uplamoor and head towards Irvine until the first roundabout and return.

Vicky - 'Shilford, Lochlibo Rd, Neilston, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G78, UK', stick this into Google maps. Get to Barrhead, probably via the Clyde Tunnel, Cardonald, Hurlet. Turn right at the roundabout in Barrhead along the Main St and head through the town - taking a mainly uphill direction. Follow signs for Irvine, stay on the main rd A736. This is the road the route follows. Travel about 5miles out this road, Shilford is missable if you blink so try not to! if you are coming onto A736 from Caldwell Golf Club, you should turn LEFT back towards Barrhead and pass below Uplawmoor. Either way SHILFORD is before Uplawmoor as you drive from Barrhead towards Irvine.

Meet at 18:45 for a 7pm (latest) start.

Any volunteers for timekeeping?

Cheers,

R

The start is outside CJS signs just along from the petrol station and Henry Crawford coaches you stay on the road and when you pass Torranyard caravan park ( about 1/2 a mile more ) there is a small round about this is where you turn back and the finish line is about 200 yards further down the road from the start

my second 25 so not a lot to compare with, had a nice chat with Al on the way round, sometimes i think al thinks these are like club runs where you can pass the time of day wjth fellow riders.

Thanks to time keepers and sunny weather

iain

If it was a club run I was out with the 30 milers tonight, taking it a bit too easy on the hills on the way back, brutal! Hard and hot night, 5 minutes slower on the way home :(

Thanks very much to the timekeepers and helpers, it was a nice night for standing about tho! :)

As I was saying... tonight's times are:

1 Big Al 1.03.51 pd

2 Iain Couttie 1.04.52 pd + 3.00 from last week's Chocolate

3 Iain Cowden 1.05.17 pd

4 Ian McGinty 1.06.20

5 Alan McLean 1.07.32 pd

6 Elaine Muirhead 1.17.41 pd

7 John Simpson 1.18.47 pd

8 David Cowan 1.21.45 pd

9 Carol Cowan 1.23.57 pd

10 George Donnelly DNF pd

11 Elaine Sandieson DNF pd

A lovely night - especially compared to last year! Well done once again.

Ran off with the money Ramsay - collected £32.00 for club funds, which I will give to you next week if that's ok.

Mary

Thanks to Mary & Ramsay for doing the needful - well done to all on a hot and breezy night - that course is never easy and the surface just gets worse!

Thanks to Greig for retrieving my rear light which bailed out at the start of the Shilford drag near the end - it too had had enough of the "rocky road"!

Commiserations to Elaine S and George D - all to play for again next week :)

Iain

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

What happened to you George?

Felt ill, was sent home from work on Monday. Thought I was a bit better but felt dizzy & nauseous after a mile or so.

Us finely tuned athletes are a fragile bunch 👷

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ran off with the money Ramsay - collected £32.00 for club funds, which I will give to you next week if that's ok.

Mary - No worries. Will be over next week, especially if the weather is as good.