Saturday 8th June

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

This is the date that had been set aside for the double Arran challenge. However not possible due to road closure.

So I propose an Ayrshire Alps run. Can't remember exact figures but when I looked at a route earlier in the year when we were going to go it was about 65-70 miles with about 6 big climbs of Whin type proportions. There is practically no flat road inbetween to get rolling as such.

Requires a 45 min drive to just south of Ayr.

So perhaps a 7.45 depart with view to start riding about 8.30?

Anyone interested?

:)

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Definitely. I can take plus 1

Andy, any chance I can be your plus one?

I'll make you a smashing packed lunch, cheese pieces, sunny D & a cheeky wee blue riband :)

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

George, sounds brilliant what about juice in a cup and a babybell?

I assume you mean Robinsons Barley?

Might even throw in cheese strings (boak) & a splicer bar!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Davie, if we start at 8.30 then max ride time would be 4.5 hours plus allow 1/2 hour for shop stops then back at cars for 1.30pm. Home by 2.30pm latest.

Route only takes in a couple of very small villages so cafe stop might not be possible. It's ok though, George is bringing a big picnic :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Andy, any chance I can be your plus one?

I'll make you a smashing packed lunch, cheese pieces, sunny D & a cheeky wee blue riband :)

If you can throw in a cheeky wee kitkat then we've got ourselves a wee deal. Make sure it's 4 fingers and not 2. Nothing burns more than disappointment.

Andy

• 2023 Subscriptions

Who is on for Saturday?

Route is essentially 6 climbs with some rolly miles inbetween. Proposed format would be roll down to first climb and take it as one bunch as it is a long, not too steep one. Then ride as a bunch between climbs and people can have a blast on each climb if they so wish with a regroup at top of each.

Rendevous point will be in layby just south (about 100m) of the Manrahead roundabout in Beith - which is the big roundabout at the Dalry end of Beith where the A737 meets with the B777.

Meet at 0730.

Drive time to just south of Minishant is 45 mins.

Plan to be riding by 0830.

Davie B - want me to pick you up ?

:)

Guest Ross Toole

Im defo in!

Darryl can take you down if you dont mind bike in boot (no bike rack)

7:30 in Beith??????? I will have to be up at half 4, to do my yoga have a balanced breakfast and do a couple of hours on the turbo first! Plus the hour it takes to drive from Howwood to Beith! (all in jest ;) )

Ross

• 2024 Subscriptions

Im defo in!

Darryl can take you down if you dont mind bike in boot (no bike rack)

7:30 in Beith??????? I will have to be up at half 4, to do my yoga have a balanced breakfast and do a couple of hours on the turbo first! Plus the hour it takes to drive from Howwood to Beith! (all in jest ;) )

Ross

That would be great Ross...I think