Saturday 8th June

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Colin

If you drive through Minishant there is a left turn signposted Straiton about 300m after you leave village.

We'll get you there at 8.10/8.15 if you want to drive direct.

Text me your mobile number, I am 07939733146

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Final roll call as best I can suss out from postings is below. Can you confirm so we know who to wait for at the Beith 0730 rendevous.

Me, Davy, George, Darryl, Ross, Andy, Billy?,

Davy - get you 0720

:)

Guest Ross Toole

Bike in boot, bag packed, suntan cream ready, toys back in pram, really looking forward to it!

See you boys in the morning!

Xxx

Guest Ross Toole

Thanks to Paul for a fantastic route.

Day started with a rendezvous at a beith roundabout where we drove in convoy to kirkmichael?

Set off, suntan lotioned up and within the first ten minutes we were in a cat 3 climb, it was a neutralized climb as it was still only the warm up and we climbed it as a group. Next categorised climb we went at our own pace and regrouped at the top, this was the matter of the day, categorised climb, regroup amazing descent 10-20 mins rolling then all over again times 6!

Roads were dead and tarmac was silky smooth and lovely weather.

Mechanicals = one puncture, 2 dropped bottles, one dropped mini tool, one lose pinch bolt on front mech and one Gumley brain where he took off with Davie and couttie instead of turning left.

Special mention to the Nick o Balloch which was extremely sore, long but Great!

3 x 30 signs which I took 2-1 from Paul, where he then decided to toot his horn and wave out window when we were leaving cause he got another one!

We should make it a regular haunt!

http://app.strava.com/activities/58969582

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5088/5233666337_65a60293e7_z.jpg (Ed Clancy at top of Nick! Obviously didn't put enough effort in!)

Can't believe I'm getting blame for that left turn. There's a certain fella who should engage rule 5 and front up ;-)

Hills were amazing!

Paul, can you post piccies?

Andy

Couttie??

Couldn't agree more with the above fantastic routes and roads, just a pity I couldn't find my factor 50 before heading off and my legs on any of the climbs.

More please.

D