Main Bunch 26 May

Guest EPCC

Sounds good Darryl. 9 bells at Miller Street. How does a run out eaglesham, strathaven galston and down to stewarton and back to Johnstone sound. Can reverse the route if desired. Getting to know some of the minor roads up here and its not bad cycling country.

Just a suggestion. Happy to do whatever.

M

Guys,

Could anyone of you intending turning out tomorrow pack an extra inner tube. I used one today and thot I had at least one spare. Appears not. Didn't make it as far as the bike shop this afternoon. Hopefully won't need it but sod's law suggests otherwise.

Cheers

M

• Members

Guys,

Could anyone of you intending turning out tomorrow pack an extra inner tube. I used one today and thot I had at least one spare. Appears not. Didn't make it as far as the bike shop this afternoon. Hopefully won't need it but sod's law suggests otherwise.

Cheers

M

Mark, do I still owe you a tube? I was sure I'd given you a replacement on a Sinclair Street run last year, but I found a long-valve tube in my drawer the other day which, I suspect, was meant for you. I don't use deep rims.

Andy G, I *know* I still owe you a tube. Hopefully one day we'll be in the same place at the same time and I'll be able to hand it over.

Is there anyone else waiting on a tube from me? :oops:

• 2024 Subscriptions

Mark, do I still owe you a tube? I was sure I'd given you a replacement on a Sinclair Street run last year, but I found a long-valve tube in my drawer the other day which, I suspect, was meant for you. I don't use deep rims.

Andy G, I *know* I still owe you a tube. Hopefully one day we'll be in the same place at the same time and I'll be able to hand it over.

Is there anyone else waiting on a tube from me? :oops:

Are you going to join us tomorrow Richard?

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Good luck George

Shan't be racing after all. My stomach problems have flared up again.

Been in the saddle all day. If you get my drift.

A different route recce'd yesterday and one that we should consider doing again.

A party of 6 Darryl, Ginty, Chung, Campbell John and myself set out from Miller Street, up the Bowfield and followed the usual route to Fenwick and ove to the start of the Moscow circuit. Darryl and Ginty baled here due to time constraints, leaving 4 to continue down into Galston. Took the A71 up through Darvel and on to Strathhaven for a cafe stop. Good shout Chung - one to add to the list. We then headed out of Strathaven towards East Kilbride through Chapleton before making a left hander to take a series of country lanes back towards Eaglesham, the A77 and back to Johnstone.

I baled en route to Eaglesham and headed for Jackton and home. A pretty good morning in the saddle on some good rolling roads, the pick of which has got to be the 2 miles (approx) of pothole free, smooth, poker straight section of tarmac which we turned onto off the East Kilbride road. Has to be ridden to be believed. I forgot to reset my computer before setting out yesterday but I'm guessing 60-65 miles.

M

• Life Members

Good choice of route, Mark!

75 miles for me when I got home (I did went on a wee detour when I got back to Mearns, just to add a few more miles in) & I'm guessing Campbell & especially John would have a bit more!

The milage wasn't high but still 1200m of climbing compare to last Sundays 90 miles but only 800m of climbing ....... weird!

Anyhow, thanks to everyone for the wheels to follow.

Great weather for cycling. Same again for this Sunday please!

Cheers