Jim Daly Memorial 2013 20th April

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Fun day indeed. Chapeau to Colin for ring the only wheeler to make the finish line. Got dropped by group 2 after 1 lap. Joined group 1 with Charlie. Felt much more comfie. Come the beginning of lap 5 the elite guys arrived and group 1 fragmented. Learned loads today. Enjoyed being in group 1. Definitely getting less stupid with positioning. Think the Renfra bunch on Tuesday evening is calling to get some fast miles up followed by / couple with a good hiding.

Andy

Guest GEORGE DONNELLY

Not sure I was on a peg to be honest? And to see was impressive since you were three groups in front of me and then in ur hoose!

Cheers Paul and helpers for a great event, will post a report later on! X

Yes. No doubt. Definitely taken down a peg.

Or is it a notch?

(he bit, didn't he?)

Good event. Thanks to all :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great performance from the JWCC support team today.

Which allowed many of us to race. So a very big thanks to all those that helped out with driving, marshalling, starting off, first aid etc. if you did not manage to stay for the presentation it was much appreciated by all the riders.

Jim's family were there again which was a lovely surprise, his sister keeps an eye on our forum and managed to come along with his brother, wife an kids. Its a privilege to keep his memory alive.

As for race report, let's just say the scratch group was blown apart after 5 miles which resulted in me and Ross in a small group oot the back breathing out orifices not designed for that purpose. Good to get a 5 lap thrash though.

Full results tomorrow.

:)

I was fair knackered at the end of it all. My sprint for the was impressive. 0-60 in 9.4 secs. So much for the lead car!!!!

Looked a tough day in the saddle esp. into the wind. Well done all who turned out raced. Perhaps next year.

M

PS Paul how much did another dry day cost you?