Chaingang 16th August

charlie p

Hi,

Was just wondering if it would be ok to join in.

I went out with intermediates on Sun and some of the guys were talking about it.

Will try and hang on and if I start getting in peoples way or more than likely not keeping up I will peel off.

Cheers,

Ross

I'll be out as per usual.

Ross, you're more than welcome to join us. We meet at the bus shelter on the Georgetown Road just before the Crosslees roundabout.

Steady but brisk pace out to and through Bishopton and down onto the Westferry where it'll get ramped up. There's usually a couple of guys taking the short cut up the Clune where we regroup before a fast run back through Kilmacolm, BofW and the Georgetown.

Hanging on as long as you can is the only way to immerse yourself in the Thursday evening run. Don't worry about how things are done, we'll keep you right.

Hopefully see you there.

Mark

Going say thanks for tonight now before I feel the after effects tomorrow morning, where I might want to say something else!

Really enjoyed it and will be out next week!

Cheers

Ross

It was good fun

What happened to Mr C did he break?

Feeling fine chilling with my new book Performance Cycling the science of success it's nearly as heavy as my claret

Studying for next years training programme

Iain,

You've got to eat before hand. I'll have a bowl of cereal and toast and jam before I set out. Always rushed of course but I know I wouldn't last without it. Fluids essential and as I've said to you before measure your effort.

Don't go for broke at the bottom of the clune, you'll tire quickly then it becomes a grind and others will have the psychological boost of passing you. Ok going for broke on short sharp hills. Find out what gear suits you and at what cadence. Be in that gear before you come off the roundabout at the bottom of the hill and ride the hill at that tempo. If you find is gets easier as the gradient changes then notch it up a gear and maintain the tempo. The run in is hard and fast and you do need to keep a bit in the tank.

No doubt the guys such as yourself who have started riding the Thursday run regularly this summer are making progress. Less time hanging about at the top of the clune for the climbers, more bodies keeping up to BofW and along the Georgetown and the time gaps between those at the front and those who do eventually get shelled are narrowing.

M

Can someone please give me a synopsis of how this run went? Is most of it spent riding together? Does it split into smaller groups? Do you ride as hard as you can until you reach the designated re-grouping points?

I've been reading around some older posts and can't work out if it's a group ride or more a race (in the loosest sense of the word).

• 2024 Subscriptions
Can someone please give me a synopsis of how this run went? Is most of it spent riding together? Does it split into smaller groups? Do you ride as hard as you can until you reach the designated re-grouping points?

I've been reading around some older posts and can't work out if it's a group ride or more a race (in the loosest sense of the word).

It's a fast group ride. 'Through and off' starts on the Westferry and continues to the bottom of the Clune Brae. Every man for himself up the hill, regroup at the top, then through and off to the end of the Georgetown Road.

Oh ya dancer !

It's simply a hard effort , steady up to the start of the west ferry then through an off to the cliune up to that point you have the option of taking the short cut to top of clune

Everyman for themselves to top of clune then brisc pace to kimaco then increases to Georgetown