Main bunch Sunday 12

Guest EPCC

Sounds like an Aberfoyle and Loch Katrine type weekend if the weather behaves itself. Who is coming out to play? Need a decent size bunch for this. Please allow McBagel's absence to greatly influence your judgement.

Most likely a more steadier pace than there has been over the last few weeks. Cafe stop where ever you fancy.

Usual depart from Miller Street 09.00 and meet at the bridge 09.30 ish.

M

• Members
Looks like decent weather - anyone up for a long one ?

I can't make Sunday so I'll be going out on Saturday. I do fancy a long one, though. Haven't decided where yet. Maybe the Rest and Hell's Glen. Or round the Cri'. Company welcome. (Or I'll wheel out the tumbleweed photo again.)

Nae luck boys - you'll just have to be sociable on Sun !

How about this ;http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/86760077

or this ; http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/21540598

Both full day out with 2 ferries. Might be best to get transport to western ferry to avoid too much cooling after riding and keep milage sensible. Ferry at Portavadie is 40 minutes past the hour so 830 Western ferry gives best part of 2 hours for the 1040 to Tarbert (30 miles Dunoon - Portavadie - you know the climbs !)

Not ridden the Kilberry loop but east side of Kintyre is quiet ( beyond Arran ferry ) and rolling with great views of Arran. West side is flat and usually a tail wind - great views of Gigha, Islay and Jura. Tarbert good for coffee , food. Other options for stops Carradale and Campbeltown.

Only for those with the full day available I guess. Be nice to get a day out.

If no interest then it's hard to beat Loch Katrine. Reasonable bunch already done this run earlier in the summer though. Go on ,go on ,go on.....

Big miles - smiles, Guessing at 160 for the day if I ride to and from the ferry, could be interesting on the way back. Charlie 7.30 at the Clydesdale Bank BofW sounds good, or perhaps on the track for Kilmalcolm, can dicuss this evening. Anyone else heading for ferry on two wheels. Will be heading along the track from Paisley around 07.00 hours can meet people on the way.

I am working on the basis we are doing route 21540598 per Al's post can open link to other one.

M

PS a couple of sacrificial goats dispatched to the weather gods would not go a miss.

Heading into Gourock in the near future to attempt to buy Dunoon ferry tickets as I've been told it's a bit cheaper buying from local shops than the ferry.

Anybody else want one (apologies for short notice?)

If I don't hear from anyone then I'll buy a 10 journey book and they will be available for a small fee on Sun! (Although have to take the chance that the ferry guy will accept them all from the same book at the same time!? - if he doesn't then you'll need to pay up and I'm sure I'll get through the 10 tickets in my lifetime!)

Cheers

Alan F