ROTHESAY APR

Guest George

I e-mailed the organiser of this to see if I could get a start.

Got a nice reply saying that I should just turn up on the day and take out a day licence.

Is this right?

How do they sort out the groups, etc?

What if I get stuck in a group with people I don't like? :-(

George,

You must simply do this. Great course and no tougher than a fast Thursday. You can lurk in the bunch or go for glory. Cut my teeth on it last year. Fantastic day. Just don't follow McBagel's wheel - sense of direction extremely questionable.

Hopefully we can have a decent Joansin presence in the various groups.

M

Agree with Charlie and Billy. I was going to do the novice event last year but was talked out of it. Glad I was. To paraphrase Richard, he described those who did the novice race as people with pale legs who had been to halfords. I'm sure the full quote is still lurking on the forum somewhere.

APR for you Paul. Well within your abilities if you are regularly turning up for the Thursday evening runs.

M

• Committee

Hi

Over the past few years the organisers have welcomed riders of all abilities.

Our own Paul did the handicapping last year and, if repeated, will ensure fair allocation according to skill/performance.

There is a wide spread of abilities and participation is highly recommended, if only to see the speed of the scratch group as they power through.

(But there is still a chance for the early groups to stay away if they work hard together.)

Alan