Thursday chain gang/hills/apr

charlie p

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thursday nights recommence on 29th march. Meet at bus stop on Georgetown rd for departure at 6.30pm. To help my Italian friends the first 2 outings will be our usual hill route thru langbank Kilmalcolm and how wood and then we will move on to west ferry chain gang and if enough numbers apr on occasions

On the hill runs we will regroup at top. If any hill boys want a harder workout then go back down and help the stragglers up. When we do the chain gang it will be hard and fast but again if you are struggling do little or no turns at front also option to take shortcut and to meet group at top of clune. We will regroup at top of clune and chain gang to Georgetown rd If you get a puncture or fall of bunch better luck next time.

Any moans then go on to Billy's thread as these runs are training runs

Happy cycling

Charlie

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Charlie,

Good to see that spring is on the way! Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Lewis and I will be aiming to join these runs when both our domestic calendar and his racing calendar allow. I guarantee he'll stay in the bunch longer than me!

cheers

M

I'll miss the first two. Hill climbing in france - au velo.

Tom

Tom, this riding bikes up and down alpine/pyrenean cols is all very well but you do

know that being shouted at by clubmates on the Westferry of a Thursday evening

is real cycling, don't you? :grin:

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yip 6.30pm departure from bus stop then our usual hill route adding the monkey house hill just for fun normally we take in the Kilmalcolm to how wood stretch but may not make that till nights a bit lighter

I will wait for u at top of the climbs

I might make it out tomorrow.

Can someone clarify-are we doing the westferry to the clune

Or hill intervals?

Charlie's post alludes to the latter.

There again, I could be away on a tangent, as per usual.

Cheers,

George.

All

Charlie has posted for a hilly route tonight he has very kindly stated that he will wait at the top for us less gifted riders to get to the top

I think that even included waiting for Hincapie but I am not certain that even a saint can wait that long

Nothing's THAT funny !

All

Charlie has posted for a hilly route tonight he has very kindly stated that he will wait at the top for us less gifted riders to get to the top

I think that even included waiting for Hincapie but I am not certain that even a saint can wait that long

Noted-he only goes hard on the hills to get peace from your inane jibber jabber :lol:

• 2023 Subscriptions

tonight's route

Bus stop Georgetown road

Thru Houston langbank road turning right past Formakin estate FIRST HILL then left past riding centre to t junction then right towards gleddoch. Just before gleddoch we turn left up nether ton road SECOND HILL then at t junction turn right and proceed up THIRD HILL then left at t junction past finlaystone entrance then left turn to kilmacolm FOURTH HILL. We cycle in to kilmacolm then turn left up Glen Road FIFTH HILL and follow road to langbank/Houston t junction then turn right for approx 500 metres then right again SIXTH HILL At t junction we turn right to kilmacolm SEVENTH HILL then proceed on lochwinnoch rd to how wood turnoff EIGHTH HILL then sprint into Johnstone.

We will probably have to do an abbreviated version of above as bad light will stop play

Achtung!

I was over Netherton road on Sunday. If the T junction you speak of is at the bottom of this descent then the road to the right is a shambles.

It is piled with rocks/stones/gravel potholes.

I managed to the top but the downhill is very dangerous. I had to stop and scramble my way along on 3 occasions.

Exercise extreme caution-it will be even more dangerous in a group.