what is a bad bike day

Guest EPCC

I am sitting on a train thinking what is a bad bike day

Is it falling off maybe

Is it ripping your tights possibly

Is it tearing your jacket could be

What about breaking your cranks that should be annoying

All of the above plus a seven mile one legged pedal now that's a ####ing bad bike day

Of course it could be worse when you get home you.may be lucky to find out that you have ripped through another layer so its two jackets the of course there is always the cost of a new chain set oh double joy

I think I will now flog myself with stingy nettles

We were just coming back from Largs, riding up the wee climb to the Cloch when I heard a rattle and a thud behind me.

I stopped and turned to see Billy prone on the road with his foot still attached to a pedal which was attached to half a crank.

His CAMPAGNOLO crank had snapped in two.

Being a trouper he got up, dusted himself down and one legged it to Gourock train

Station.

Despite his joansin kit being ruined he was a very lucky boy.

After depositing Billy at the station I headed on home on my SHIMANO cranked steed, without incident.

Nae luck Billy that training programme must be working right enough. Good to see your humour has remained intact.

I have available a v.g.c standard Veloce U/T chainset with 170mm cranks perfect for your wee stubby legs - best prices in town so let me know if you are interested.

D

It cracked from the corner of the square taper down and accross the crank it looked as if it might have had a crack in it for a while.

Dont have photos will probably send it back to campag for them to investigate.

On the plus side i wanted a new power torque chain set fed up with bottom brackets and boring things like that

More annoyed with all the ripped tights and other stuff

Coach MacBagel sorry to hear about your tumble but glad to hear you bounced. Think you need to up your kit inspection routine and easy back on the power sessions. Either that or get yourself suitably kitted out with an aesthetically challenged but infinitely more reliable SHIMANO groupset. A case of dull boring but dependable vs bling but broken. Stir!

M

Ps a not good bike day is one not in the saddle.

Not one iota of sympathy for me. I got a mild fright when I heard the kerfuffle behind me & got slightly chilled

While waiting for him to sort himself out.

My fingers also got a bit nippy as I had to take my gloves off to take a snap of the crater his impact created.

Nooooooo, don't enquire after my wellbeing. Lucky I'm so resilient.

I'll bounce back, sniff.