Friday 30th Mad Mountain Bike Festive Mayhem !

Surly Steve

Hey fellow mad cyclists !

How are you all ?

Have not posted in a while and have not been getting many miles in either

Anyway I would like to invite anyone that may be interested in a bit of off road fun, MTB or crossers, to a wee day we have planned at Paisley Velo. We intend to meet up at the Robertson car park at the Braes on Friday the 30th December at 11am.

Idea being we split into four teams, depending on numbers, and race round a marked route. Winning team will get a wee prize. Then we head down to our HQ, Q Bikes premises, for some hot soup and a few beers !!

Everyone welcome. We will have a theme of stupid clothing anything goes.

Please PM me or call me, most of you have my moby.

Hope to hear from you guys

All the best

Stevie

Hi Paul

Yes the idea is we have three or four teams. Depending on numbers. May even need riders to go round twice.

Hope it goes well and everyone enjoys it. Then maybe it will be an annual event.

Today we sorted out the route for the 30th. The arrangements will now be that we commence the event at 11am.

Please turn up before this to have a ride around the route and to get organised. We will meet at the Robertson car park. If anyone needs a lift then please let us know and we will arrange transport. Remember any stupid items of clothing are more than encouraged ! Please also understand that this is a fun event and you enter it at your own risk !

The club accepts no responsibility or liability for any injuries sustained by the riders taking part nor loss or damage to bikes etc.

We could do with perhaps two people to help with marshalling duties.

Soup kitchen will be on site for after the ride.

May be wise to bring change of clothing - depending on weather obviously. Today was cold but I would rather that than pouring rain. I will add this wish to my Santa list for the day.

Please get back to me to let me know if you are going to participate or not

Many thanks

Stevie McFarlane

Hope you scouting went well. As I said this morning I'm jealous as I would like to be there but work gets in the way. If this event becomes an annual event can it be on a weekend where possible so that us "mortals" can join in?

Anyhoo good luck to all, and may the best dressed team win!!

Hi Guys

Yes all arranged for tomorrow still

Thanks to all for your positive input and comments

Perhaps I should have organised this event for a time less busy for us all. Appreciate we all have family commitments etc

But if you can turn up it would be appreciated

We have organised some hot food for afterwards

Cheers the now and best wishes to you all for the NEW YEAR

Many more miles of happy cycling to look forward to

Take care, best wishes

Stevie

Hi Guys

A big thank you to all that turned up today. Billy, Ian Couttie, James and his son Hamish - cheers

Cold and wet but everyone had the great attitude to get on with it.

Whilst riding it did not even appear to be wet !

Ground was very soft after all the rain we have had and therefore a lot of puddles and mud.

With mishaps a plenty and spectacular finish on the line by Billy ( why did I not have my camera - such a you tube moment honestly ) it was good fun

Billy won the time trial with Ian ( Couttie ) in second place. Very well done guys. This also means its a record time for the route. All to play for next year Billy ?

Again thanks hope you enjoyed it and best wishes to everyone for next year

Cheers

Stevie

Hi Guys

A big thank you to all that turned up today. Billy, Ian Couttie, James and his son Hamish - cheers

Cold and wet but everyone had the great attitude to get on with it.

Whilst riding it did not even appear to be wet !

Ground was very soft after all the rain we have had and therefore a lot of puddles and mud.

With mishaps a plenty and spectacular finish on the line by Billy ( why did I not have my camera - such a you tube moment honestly ) it was good fun

Billy one the time trial with Ian ( Couttie ) in second place. Very well done guys. This also means its a record time for the route. All to play for next year Billy ?

Again thanks hope you enjoyed it and best wishes to everyone for next year

Cheers

Stevie