This weekend

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Have faith - the weather can only get better, so I plan to,

- renfrew bunch Saturday

- Rabid Renfrewshire Moors challenge for the certifiably insane on Sunday (dependent on David T - not the sort of thing to do alone and also to see whether the regular bunch heading for Largs?)

any others?

Oh ya dancer !

• 2024 Subscriptions

I'll be at the club rooms at 9 for the road ride. I'm inclined to meet the crossers at Largs, but that's just me. Suggest we head down track to Dalry and West Kilbride. Then those who are going to Troon can turn left and those who can't keep out of the bagel basket can turn right. :grin:

• 2023 Subscriptions

Kenny

Its 10am Renfrew bogs on Saturday.

As for Sunday, I suggest 9am at Loch in Lochwinnoch - can't make earlier as need to go to Glasgow. Or 9.30am if you want to ride out from Johnstone with the 9am bunch in which case I'll ride along to meet youse. Whatever you and David prefer.

cheers

Oh ya dancer !

Richie

With weather like it is I.would suggest coming back on the coast no hills and clear frost free roads pace will be steady not fast we should maintain it by not doing big shots on the front

• Administrators
Icy here Sturday morning so I will miss out on risky downhill run to join the renfrew bunch. (Almost broke my wrist slipping on the Clune last night)

May join insane bid tomorrow but it will be a bog trudge for about 3-4k.

Alan

Were you on the Clune last night about 6pm?

• 2023 Subscriptions

I saw two crashed cyclists on the track this morning on black ice. Both ok but one badly winded. So outside Kilbarchan I did a cyclo cross run across a field back to the road!

Anyway bogs bunch did usual route with JWCC leading the way with Kenny, Charlie, David and myself joined by Tommo, black bob and Richie. Sorest my legs have been for a long time :shock: mainly due to Charlie and Kenny - thats club mates for you

Meantime - the moors challenge. Kenny, David T and I are meeting at the loch at 9am (todays 70 miles was just an aperitif). Ride up to Muirshiel, then track to mine then hoof it for 2-3 miles over to the Loch Thom road (should hopefully be able to ride some of it - absolutely no idea though, dreamt up this challenge out the blue and peat bog and snow don't make a good riding surface) and arrive at Bagel Basket for refreshments just in front of the main bunch run so we have bragging rights :grin:

Then sprackle home at back of bunch

Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

i tried a similar run last year trying to get from the mine to misty law, there are NO tracks after the mine not even sheep trails,i ended up lost and was up and down gullies over and in bogs, after an hour and a half i came out half way down the hill to muirshiel, not exactly as i planned. that was in the summer and i was coverd in bog juce 3/4 of the way up my legs.I would sujest that unless you know the route take a compas and dont put me at the front. I am well up for it but prepared to get wet very wet.

Iain