Linwood cx coaching suspended; may be cancelled

martin

• 2023 Subscriptions

Renfrewshire Leisure have wriiten to tell us the we can't train / coach at Linwood just now:

I regret to inform you that due to adverse weather conditions it is no longer possible to use any of the grassed areas within the complex for your club use.

Any future use must be applied for in writing and the appropriate fee will be charged.

This means our midweek sessions are suspended. We're going to talk to them to see what our options are for the future, but in the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions about other places we can train?

(PS I will be writing to the Jets today to explain this to them as well)

Thanks,

Mul

Don't know the legal technicalities of using it for an organised activity but there is a load of public access space surrounding the rugby pitches at Glengarnock Lochshore, good mix of terrain as well.

Two obvious cons....

> distance too travel (for some);

> ground is very wet and so will resemble a muckbat after any period of rain.

D

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the cancellation. Presume they have objected to the condition of the grass after training.

Some suggestions:

Can we use any of the football parks excluding the pitches themselves, or other parks, e.g. Horsewood Park, Bridge of Weir?

Caravan park or tent pitch area; not many people will be using one at the moment. How about Barnbrock?

A field; would they be too muddy. I know a farmer.....

Golf practice ground; unlikely, but Old Ranfurly has as new practice ground that will be too wet for most golfers, and Ranfurly Castle has a children’s pitch & put coarse that won’t be used till next year now.

Part of the problem will be finding a small area where you can light up all the cycle area. This rules out pathways at Linwood, Muirshiel, Pollock Park etc which could only be used during the day.

I expect you have already thought of these ideas, but if you want to explore any of these ideas let me know.

James

• 2023 Subscriptions

Gents,

Apologies for the late post and change of plan but I need to call off tomorrow night. Have to take my mother in law down to Inveclyde Hospital for dialysis.

Normal service to be resumed next week.

M