Cycling Predictions 2011

Colin H

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom,

I might be wrong but I don't think Evans is riding the Giro this year and is concentrating on the Tour. I will give you till 1500 today to change if you want.

Also Ramsay has yet to submit his choices :smash . Will give you till the start of the TTT on Eurosport to get your 1st day picks in and allow you till 1600 today for your overall choices big man Oh ya dancer !

Duncan is also in Ramsays category however is online as I type this so may well be submitting his picks.

Colin Hello, beer !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Having resisted the obvious picks of the Ardennes I am taking a Big Pharma approach. No more mr nice guy.

No cheats too rotten. No scandals to avoid A wee bit of help.

Shame I couldn't really choose Petacchi as I don't think he will get over the hills.

Pantani would have been a shoe in.

Duncan

• 2023 Subscriptions

Been away and then been busy all day today, so bit late and not even looked at who is riding, but here goes.

TTT - HTC, Shack, Garmin

Team - Saxo Bank

overall - Contador, nabali, rodriguez

Mountains - kreuziger, scarponi, contador

points - pettachi, farrar, ciolek

Think that is it.

Sorry Ramsay but can't really accept your picks for the TTT seeing as they were posted after the event was completed. Just would'nt be fair that :-? (would have earned you 20 points as well :madashell )

Big scorers of the day were Alan M, Kenny C, Billy and Richie all with 18 points Oh ya dancer ! (and Gilbert did'nt even start :lol: )

So the overall following the opening stage of the Giro is as follows:

1st Richie 66 points :icon_yes

2nd Me 48 points :icon_butting_comp

3rd Alan M 47 points

4th Davie B 46 points

5th Paul M 41 points

6th Kenny C 36 points

7th Billy M 34 points

Joint 8th Richard, Duncan and Greig 32 points

Joint 9th Tom and Jann 30 points

10th Ramsay 16 points :rockets

Ride of the day had to Omega. Thought that would be the time to beat after they crossed the line.

Remember predictions for the MTT will be required (can't remember what stage it is) and submissions to be posted by 23:59 the day before.

Colin Hello, beer !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Refereeing descision accepted without question (I'm not a footballer). :oops:

However (in no way trying to sway any descision) I can assure you that I didn't know the results until David T told me on the way to the race this morning. If I did know, then I would have got it exactly right!! ;-)

It's a long season thankfully! :roll::icon_butting_comp

Oh yeah, before I'm late again - Contador for MTT, followed by Scarponi and Nabili.

Jann,

Given the tragic circumstances :-( I don't think that should be a problem but with the following condition:

Only substitutes for Leopard Trek riders (did anybody have any anyway???) or Tyler Farrar (some did have him) can be selected. All other original picks have to remain the same.

Hope this is reasonable.

Colin Hello, beer !!