Cycling Predictions 2011

Colin H

Spot on Duncan, but you only had to go back a couple of posts, not all the way back to the original (which seems was posted years ago :lol: )

Have given some thought to introducing the Tour of Bejing into the mix but given the short time to the start and the lack of familiarity with the parcours I have decided that the last race of our season will indeed be Lombardy Oh ya dancer !

There has been mention previously of triple points to ensure tension right to the end so here goes - triple points will be awarded for accurate prediction of the winner only.

Now, you can hedge your bets and go for Gilbert, or, go out on a limb a bit and choose another name in the hope that everybody else sticks with the relatively sure bet. You decide 8-)

Race takes place on 15th October so entries required by 23.59 on the 14th (or thereabouts ;-) )

Colin Hello, beer !!

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Committee

http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/GiroLom ... critti.pdf

Kenny, can you find the cool font used by the Gazetta? I have tried but it seems to be an in house legacy.

Anyway, looking forward to the Race of the Falling Leaves.

Hoping for shots of cyprus trees in the mist, ferries in the drizzle and a brilliant finale in the gloom of autumn.

Anyone NOT going for PG? Maybe me....

Alan

Well here goes nothin :roll:

I' am not going to go for Gilbert as I suspect both Omega Pharma Lotto and Quickstep will not be keen on him taking more points to BMC for next season.

For that reason:

1st Sylvain Chavannel (Quickstep)

Now for second place I rekon its about time a certain "little prince" showed himself and after a recent win a 1.1 rated race I will go for :

2nd Damiano Cunego (Lampre)

Following Cunego in that race was a former "juicer" who unfortunately has since served his time and is clear to race. So not taking Mr McLean's moral high ground I will go for:

3rd Emanuele Sella (Androni)

Now that both Richie and I have made our bids for glory, over to Duncan to make a counter move 8-) and both Jann and Paul to make a suicidal lunge for the line :-P

Colin Hello, beer !!

In the event of a tie for any of the top 3 placings we shall go to a countback taking into account the following:

Most amount of accurate predictions for 1st place over the season;

If still tied:

Most amount of accurate predictions for second place over the season;

and in the unlikely event that things are still even:

Most amount of accurate predictions for third place over the season.

If still tied after that I give up :madashell

Colin Hello, beer !!

Well thats it then, the season has drawn to a close and not one person predicted any of the top 3 finishers in Lombardy :cry:

That then leaves our overall table for season 2011 looking like this:

1st Duncan 339 points Oh ya dancer !

2nd Richie 330 points

3rd Me 329 points

4th Paul 320 points

5th Jann 289 points

6th Ramsay 258 points

7th Richard 253 points

8th Alan 241 points

9th Billy 240 points

10th Tom 222 points

11th Kenny 161 points

12th Greig 160 points

13th Davie 152 points

Congratulations to Duncan who slowly made his way back up the table after bit of a mid season slump.

Commiserations to Richie who spent most of the season at the top of the table and looked at one point to have an unbeatable lead icon_bawling

Hope everybody enjoyed our wee competition and it added something to your enjoyment to what has been a spectacular season in the professional cycling world.

What will next year bring with superteams like BMC, SKY, Radio Luxembourg (no name yet for the Radioshak/Leopard merger) and Omega Quickstep. And of course theres the Olympics to throw into the mix as well Oh ya dancer !

Looking forward to it already.

Colin Hello, beer !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Duncan

At the start of your post I thought it was going to be

"The team were brilliant, I can't thank these guys enough, when they ride like that I have to finish it off, what can you say, oh man these guys are the best, thanks also to my great aunt Elisa in New Zealand - her email on my birthday really was inspirational and of course my team mate, who did a fantastic job today, lives just down the road from her ...................................

well done bud - a superb victory

Oh ya dancer !