Cycling Predictions 2011

Colin H

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At last the Vuelta is over. Is it just me or did that race seem to go on forever? Never mind, it was yet another outstanding race.

So our winner of the Vuelta is:

Paul with 12 points.(10 for Moncoutie as KOM and 2 for Wiggins in top 3).

2nd was Duncan with 10 points (Geox as top team).

Greig would have been 3rd (Wiggins in 3rd place would have been 6 points) but with a late entry he suffers a 5 point deduction from his GC selection icon_bawling

Overall:

1st Richie 298

2nd Paul 276

3rd Duncan 271

4th Richard 251 (up 1 place)

5th Me 250 (down 1 place)

6th Jann 249

7th Billy 212

8th Ramsay 211

9th Alan 193

10th Tom 184

11th Kenny 161

12th Greig 160

13th Davie 152

Colin Hello, beer !!

Just for clarity I feel I have to inform all of some attempted knobbling of our respectable wee competition :!:

A certain member of our number contacted me last night claiming an additional 10 points should be added to their score for Wiggins coming in third.

Having checked back this deviant did indeed give 3rd place as their prediction for Wiggins, however Wiggins was not selected in 3rd place for their GC predictions.

I have passed a ruling that points will not be added due to Wiggins not appearing in the GC predictions and trust that all (except the offender of course) find this fair and reasonable 8-)

I know that the guilty party feels that this was a masterful stroke of genious on their part and will no doubt be most upset :icon_mooning

Colin :uzi

• 2023 Subscriptions

Colin

I have instructed my Lawyers, Pursue, Extort and Defile ( a worthy group of gentlemen) to advise me on this issue.

They will approach the highest court in the land and serve notice forthwith of something legal sounding.

Anyway who said anything about 10 points. Never mentioned it guv. It was more principle, that lofty ideal.

I agree however that all those who had not thought of a perfectly fair way to hedge your bets would agree this was in some way beyond the pale. Mind you, hedging is hardly a great example for me to call on of fair practise.

To sum up, yeah well he did do that, he's a cruel man but fair! (MPFC)

Duncan

:lol:

With the World Championships due from the 19th September I thought I woul# give you all a wee reminder about predictions.

You will need to predict the top 3 in both the men's TT and the men's road race.

As a wee incentive I will award double points for both races if anyone predicts accurately the top 3 placings Oh ya dancer !

That would mean 54 points on offer for each race and if anybody is jammy enough a total of 108 points for both races.

I would again emphasise that your predictions must have all riders in the correct order to qualify for the bonus points.

Colin Hello, beer !!

Duncan,

Anymore Wiggins whing'in and I'll dock you 108 points :smash

This is a good oppertunity for everybody to have a chance at getting back in the hunt (or it could kill off the competition altogether if Richie keeps up his form) and may even entice squire Christie into attempting a Vino style comeback Oh ya dancer !

Colin Hello, beer !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

"makes up the rules as he goes"

who said that ! dock him, dock him

loving the way the tension is being racked up to a crescendo with the big points on offer for the worlds

will it be triple points for Lombardy?

ps - this is merely light hearted banter Colin - it is not a sleight on the organiser or his capabilities,

Oh ya dancer !