Sunday 30th January - 30 milers

williecosh

The '30 milers' are going to Argyll on Sunday; probably Strachur and back (about 36 easy miles; nae hills). The game plan is to meet at McInroy Point, Gourock for 10 am. So far the cast is: Jonathan, Mary, Iain MacAuley, Stevie, Kenny Mac and James (both possibles) et moi. You newbies who are looking to do your first run are more than welcome, that's what this group is for, and anybody else. We hope we can get about 12 riders in this bunch, at least.

Johnny and I are going to try and arrange transport for riders and bikes from the clubhouse to the ferry (and back) for those who need it, so let me know in plenty of time if you're going from Johnstone with us, or meeting us at the ferry. We would need to leave at 9 am from the club in the vehicles. We think we can arrange transport for 12 riders, so first come first served.

• Life Members

Hi Willy,

I hope you don't mind, I just posted on the "long run Sunday" to suggest heading over to Dunoon for a run to hopefully meet up with the 30milers at Struchar for tea and cake, then joining you guys for the return leg back to the ferry.

Then again, they might just do something completely different, like going to Largs. :shock:

Cheers

Chung

as an aging unfit slightly overweight returner can I join you?

I can fit 4/5 in the car if need be - 2 or maybe 3 bikes on the rear carrier - probably best if you dont mind a scratch or 2 and another 1 or 2 in the boot of you take the front wheel off.

I am offering the car as that way someone will have to wait for me to get a lift home?

I will be coming from Erskine if anyone wants picked up on the way to clubrooms.

if it doesnt hurt too much I may even pay club fees

Unlucky Brian. Get well soon and get to the turbo session next week if you feel up to it. We missed you this week, big man.

This is the perfect run for returners and beginners to bunch riding. Kenny Mac, James, Johnny, Greg, Iain Cowden, Charlie, Bill and Kenny Christie took me on this one last January, for my first bunch run in 30 years - if I can do it, anyone can! I think everybody loves the run down Loch Eck, so get along. The fact that the bunches should converge at Strachur is a bonus too.

Young Josh is joining the 30 milers and it is Johnny's intention to bring the school minibus down to the clubhouse; it can take 7 riders and their bikes. I will do a final check on numbers on Friday night/Saturday night. Kenny and James will need to make a last minute decision whether they're going or not, by necessity, so we hope they can make it. I'll take my car too if needed; another three riders and their bikes.

I am not sure reading the posts exactly where we are going.

I am looking for 60 - 70 miles and like Chung wil drive to Bishopton.

Chung - I parked on the main street oppsoite the Coop last time. I assume it would be about 09:10 departure if the bridge group is meeting at 9.

I am not sure reading the posts exactly where we are going.

I am looking for 60 - 70 miles and like Chung wil drive to Bishopton.

Chung - I parked on the main street oppsoite the Coop last time. I assume it would be about 09:10 departure if the bridge group is meeting at 9.

Paul - the Bishopton, Strachur loop via Rest and Be Thankful is c90 miles. I won't manage that distance and am thinking Plan B may be club rooms (or Lochwinnoch ?) to Gourock for Ferry over to Hunters Quay and then Lock Eck to Strachur. Returning same way gives a failry flat mileage of about 75. I think there are a few posters on the other thread who may be happier with a shorter distance too. Joining up with the Bunch at Strachur would be ideal.

Maybe ?

Brian

Ok team, pay attention!

Who would like a lift to the ferry from the clubhouse, leaving at 9am sharp?

I think the list so far is: Mary, Josh, Iain & Claire, Stevie, Johnny and me.

Who would like to meet us at the ferry (10 am) for the Strachur and back run (36 miles approx)? I'll compile the final list (sort of) tomorrow evening.

Cheers,

W.

That sounds like a good idea to me 2. Not sure If I would manage the full 90 but around 75 would just about be max for me at the moment. Let me know if your leaving from the clubroom or lochwinnoch and what time and I'll join you

Lindsay

Either suits me - maybe see who else pitches in for this option and their preferred set-off point (would be slightly shorter if we went from Lochwinnoch). I didn't particularly want an early start (had one of those every day this week..) so 0915 or 0930 at set-off point would be ideal but I'll work around others. Would mean we wouldn't make the 1000 Ferry with Willie and team but we'd hook up at the cafe and could ride back to the Ferry together. Close off arrangements tomorrow ?

Brian