Reliability #4 - Sunday 28th February West Kilbride

Colin H

All rides will leave from clubrooms on Miller Street

As per previous years there will be two or three bunches with the slower bunch leaving at 9:00am, the second bunch leaving at 9:30am and the wannabe racers leaving at 10:00am. This run is 70 miles long. Please select an appropriate bunch for your ability.

Tea, coffee, soup and sandwiches will be served in the clubrooms at the end of the ride. All donations of soup, sandwiches, etc... gratefully accepted

The Route http://www.mapmyride.com/route/gb/Renfr ... 0721396953

Due to the extended length of this week's reliability run (70 miles) there have been requests for a shorter run.

As such the Thirty Milers will leave from the clubrooms at 9:00am for thirty or so miles on a different route from the main reliability. The route will be around the roads out towards Beith / Barrmill area

There will be more experienced riders joining this group to give guidance and advice on bunch riding.

Click here for more info http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/php ... 1918#21918

Please keep all posts concerning the Thirty Milers on the above topic

A 9:00am bunch is still planned for those wishing to ride in the reliablity. If you intend riding the reliability starting at 9:00am please post below to give others an idea of numbers

• 2023 Subscriptions

9:30 bunch for me too.

We're heading further from home this time, with some roads that are possibly less familiar to some members, so it'll be a steady bunch run to keep everyone together. We don't want to lose anyone in darkest Ayrshire!

Steady pace of 18mph or so - as Kenny says the racers can leave at 10 - and we'll regroup after climbs, although there aren't too many of those this week (total ascent of 1500').

Hope to see the sunshine that Billy is promising!

One more thing: do we have a volunteer for soup duties yet?

cheers M

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks to 930 bunch for a great day out. My brief moment of glory was staying with 1000 am bunch when they caught up with us just after West kilbride. Unfortunately for me they just as quickly dropped me on the Barrmill road. Thereafter I was on my own and when I got to the t junction for some reason I thought I should go left and ended up in Beith. realising my mistake I took the gateside road which put me back on route although on my jack jones I found it hard going.

Charlie

• 2023 Subscriptions

Excellent day oot today. Returning into the chilly headwind and light snow made it a bit challenging.

Just to add my best wishes to David in his first road race - be cool and stay near the front in the first 10 hectic miles as everyone goes bananas in first race new season etc. Sure you'll do well.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

Just to say another great day out, would like to say i stayed with the 1000 bunch but i didnt still it could have been worse.

best of luck to the racers next week, and see you all on Sunday