Scottish Cycling Criterium Championships 28th June 2009

KennyS

The Scottish Cycling Criterium Championships will be held at Erskine this year.

Organised by Graeme Herd on behalf on Dooleys RT there will be four Championship Events

Youth

Junior Men

Women (All)

Men

There will also be a Men's Support Event

Details are on the SC website http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/si ... nships.asp

Closing date is the 14th of June 2009. Entries are via Entry Central http://www.entrycentral.com/index.php?festivalID=123

In addition to this there will also be the Johnstone Jets Youth Circuit Race (see separate thread http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/php ... php?t=4338)

Should make for a good spectacle. Real Radio Roadshow, Roller Racing, Stunt Riding Display and lots more

Can you help ????

Are you able to help with marshalling on this event?

Graeme Herd currently has a number of marshalls for this event but as it's an all afternoon event it would help if he has more in order that the marshalls can be rotated. If you can't make it in the afternoon maybe you can help with the Jets event in the morning :grin::grin:

Probably the highest profile cycling event in Renfrewshire this year

Please contact Graeme via Dooleys 0141 889 6090 if you can help or just post below.

You would be needed between 12:30 and 17:30 on the Saturday

Thanks in advance

KennyS

Folks,

To put it quite bluntly Renfrewshire Council and the Race Organiser have invested a significant amount of money and time respectively in this event and the number of entries to date is shockingly low to the extent that it will have serious ramifications on the Council's willingness to support local cycling activities, events and facilities in the future.

The Organiser has extended the closing date for the event until Saturday 20th June. I would ask those who were planning on entering any of the Championship Races to contact Graeme Herd before Saturday 20th June or enter via Entry Central http://www.entrycentral.com/index.php?festivalID=123

Again, I would say that significant financial investment has already been made by the Council in planning for this event. At a time when our sport is coming under criticism in other regions for not engaging with the authorities this event deserves to be successful and with this we will all benefit from the Council's support in the future whether it's on the road, on the planned XC course on Glennifer Braes or in youth development

• Members

The list on entry central is not complete , Graeme has a more up to date list but still worth pm to him.

Can we have a show of hands of possible riders please.

Paul , Ramsay ,Darryl , Kenny C have you entered yet ?

Claire ,Greg,Jonathan entered

Liam , Staurt if available stick an entry in or let me know and I will inform Graeme

are you going to force Mul,KennyS and myself to ride a lap just to boost the numbers :shock::cry:

we would have asked Chung but knowing him he would still get lost on a closed road circuit ;-)

Had looked at entering the 4th Cat support race but the MRS had already commited me to something that day :smash .

Perhaps earlier notice and better promotion of the event would have helped entry levels. I only found out about this when my mum pointed it out in the local freebie advertiser last week. Obviously there has been some organising problems as it was suggested towards the tail end of last year that these championships would be held around Paisley but there was no more mention of it until recently.

Colin :cry:

• 2023 Subscriptions

Would love to, but I am racing the day before and have something pre-arranged for the Sunday afternoon anyway.

Had it been a morning start, then I would have done it, but the support race is a 4.30pm (which is a strange time!).

Ramsay

• 2024 Subscriptions
The list on entry central is not complete , Graeme has a more up to date list but still worth pm to him.

Can we have a show of hands of possible riders please.

Paul , Ramsay ,Darryl , Kenny C have you entered yet ?

Claire ,Greg,Jonathan entered

Liam , Staurt if available stick an entry in or let me know and I will inform Graeme

are you going to force Mul,KennyS and myself to ride a lap just to boost the numbers :shock::cry:

we would have asked Chung but knowing him he would still get lost on a closed road circuit ;-)

Hi All

Unfortunately I will be away on the annual family holiday. Otherwise the kids would have ridden and I would have supported the race either by riding or marshalling. I must say I am disappointed to have to miss this.#

Good luck to Grambo and Kenny S et al.

Cheers

Darryl

Colin,

Although Graeme had been in discussions with the Council since last year it was only recently that he received the confirmation from the Police and Council that the Erskine circuit could be used. The preferred solution all along was in Paisley Town Centre but the ongoing roadworks in Bridge Street put a stop by the Police to any proposals (and there were a few) that Graeme put forward. Assuming all goes well this year then the Council are keen to have it in Paisley next year.

There seems to be some problems with Entry Central but, as Kenny Mac says, drop Graeme a PM or email [email protected] to confirm your entry if you're unsure of EntryCentral

Hope to see as many as possible

Kenny

• 2023 Subscriptions

That would be desperate! However got my excuse in early, like Darryl, I'll be away. I know Graeme has worked very hard to get the race on, but it is the 1st weekend of the school break, and that may help to explain the low numbers. :-(

Best of luck to the Joansin taking part in each event!

M

• Committee

Spain as well. Pity. However we get to watch two live stages of the Tour so it's not all bad news.

Have a great event folks. Joansin very much at the fore of WoS events this season, sorry I can't be there. Top marks again to those who are helping out.

a

Jonathan / Stuart

Not Graemes's fault. He was keen to get you guys a ride in the support race but BC rules wouldn't allow it. You guys were effectively stepping up two levels to ride with the 4th Cats which is either not allowed or requires dispensaton from BC which Graeme could not get. I know he was very keen to give everyone a ride who entered

Don't worry, I can find you botha vest if you turn up on Sunday morning ;-)

KennyS