Milloprt 2009 Sunday 7th. June

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Hi guys & gals its that time of year again Oh ya dancer !

Cumbrae TT Sunday 7th. June

if you want to take part in one of the most scenic timetrials of the year than get a pre entry in now.

A one lap timetrial round the island in the morning open to all categories , with prizes for youths,jun , sen , women , and vets.

No hills , dodgy pa annouced start and a superb feed after Hello, beer !!

Suitable for beginners to exp riders and we always have a good representation at event , we will be supporting Ian Loughran in running the event once more this year so come along and help boost the numbers.

Road race in afternoon for vets ( over 40s ) plus women all ages.

Alan

It's a TLI event so entry on the day is possible. A lot goes into the organisation so it's always good to give Ian some advance warning

It's a great day out. If you're looking to try a TT on quiet roads then this is teh place. I even had a motorbike marshal round the whole island a few years back. Something about a slow wide load. Sure Mr MacD had something to do with it :lol::lol:

Watch this space for some possible additional events

KennyS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

from last year

Still enjoyed the experience and wont rule out another go next year , only if I can get some training in before event

so kenny, given your overseas training, oer the sea to skye, does this mean you will be racing in the afternoon then?

isn't the internet great for dredging up old stuff

cheers

duncan

• Members

Unfortunately not, Duncan I am just getting back out on my bike after 8 week lay off due to knee problems. My stats for past 2 months :- April 52 miles ( 1 run) May :- 25 miles (2 runs) . Starting a comeback which is going slowly as I have had pain in my knee in all 3 runs done in past week. Plus George Cowan who organises RR in afternoon is away on SQA business and I am taking over its running ( I have been involved in running Millport events since I persuaded Ian to reintroduce RR back onto island )

Definetly riding next year barring injury ;-)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Kenny, good reasons, will not have to send you to the headmaster :lol:

Hope knee improves, always easy to overdo it on returning after injury.

currently in advanced negotiations with Domestic Chief Executive regarding my participation,

general aspiration to make up numbers at back of field. :oops:

Hoping for RR, doubt I can swing TT as well.

So is anyone else looking at doing the RR?

cheers

Duncan