Chocolate series 1, 28th March, 18:30

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Tuesday 28th March is the start of this year's Chocolate Series of Time Trials. The first four running on Tuesday evenings up 18th April, with the rest scheduled for later in the season.

For those unfamiliar with what the Chocolate Series is about, here is a link to an explanation: The Story of the Chocolate Trophy http://www.johnstone-wheelers.co.uk/thebunch/index.php?/topic/54-the-chocolate-trophy-by-jim-kennovin-past-president/

The route is from the Inchinnan end of Georgetown Road, around the large roundabout at Houston and back to the start, just over 7 miles. Here is a link to the course:http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/663229298

Riders with a time for 10 miles of less than 26 minutes don't qualify for the Chocolate Trophy, but there is a trophy for sub 26 minute riders, so there is something for everyone to compete for! This is a handicapped series, so it's not always the fastest rider that takes the trophy, however, there are TT league points available for the quicker riders.

First rider off at 18:30, meet at 18:15.

As always, volunteers for timekeeping and holding are required.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Can't make it this week. I'll attend next week when it's hosing down & blowing a gale.

Just for you, I have arranged rain for this Tuesday. Just to level things up a bit.

• 2023 Subscriptions

It turned out to be better weather than forecast with the rain holding off until after the event.

Six riders took part and the results were:

Ian A.      16:22

Alex B.     17:03

Ian McG.  17:26

Jess M.     17:43

Paul L.     17:45

Alan T.     18:15

Well done to all.

All the riders paid, so £18 for club funds.

We found a Mini-Pump on the verge after the event tonight, any claims in writing please!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Guys, if you have a PB for this course that wasn't set in the chocolate series, can you let me know please. Otherwise, I'll use your best posted time from the last three years to calculate TT league points. I'll also use your best 10 time in the same period for chocolate series points. If you don't have a best 10 time (Jesse, Alex) I'll use a standard time of 26 minutes. Finally, I need Jesse's surname for the spreadsheet.

Ta :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Nearly made it was setting up TT bike, got disc wheel out then noticed no cassette, got one on the neo great I thought then remembered don't have chain whip, so plan c stick 50 mm carbon clincher on , that nearly worked , but I have a P3 and the rim wouldn't fit so no go

Guys, if you have a PB for this course that wasn't set in the chocolate series, can you let me know please. Otherwise, I'll use your best posted time from the last three years to calculate TT league points. I'll also use your best 10 time in the same period for chocolate series points. If you don't have a best 10 time (Jesse, Alex) I'll use a standard time of 26 minutes. Finally, I need Jesse's surname for the spreadsheet.

Ta :)

I've not done a 10 Alan so have no time and Jesse's surname is Victoria

Thanks to Jane, Graham and James for timebkeeping, pushing off and general support! Thanks to Alan for keeping the rain at bay (another 10 minutes next time please!)

• 2023 Subscriptions

A tough old night on the Georgetown. Well done to Jesse on her first effort on this course, and a great time, and thanks to Graham and Jane for doing their bit.

I had actually ordered rain for the night, it was in fact late in arriving.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alan, Jess gave her surname as Mitchell.  I think Alex is having a bad day for names - I'm sure Karen wasn't there but Jane took care to write down the full names of all the participants, I just abbreviated them for the results post.