Sunday 22nd May - Largs at last .........

chung

• Life Members

Hi Folks,

I'm thinking it's about time I head down to Largs (last venture there for me was the Don Smith Ride  :shock: ) & any company would be most welcome  :grin:

Clubroom 9.00 start - track all the way to Kilbirnie - doon the Haylie - Largs (cafe) - up Brisbane Glen - Loch Thom - Port Glasgow - up the Wynd - tail wind (I hope) home

Approx. 60 miles (probably less) door to door, weather is meant to be dry at least so should be ideal.

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Chung

I looking for long hilly miles so could we possibly vary your route to take in West Glen Gledoch the wall Brisbane glen then Fairlie Moor. If not your cup of tea I might head out early doors on my own but join u at club rooms at 9

Hi Charlie,

I'm cool with your suggest route (however I'm not sure of the sequence of the runs) but can I suggest we see who wants to come out to play first & we can make a final decision later on tomorrow if that's ok with you?

Your idea of you starting early & joining us at the clubroom sounds like a good plan also as it means you'll finish early too - win, win situation  Clappers

Hoping to see more bodies out!

Cheers

Chung

Is there a possibility it could get run like last weeks again regroups on climbs or is this one for the faster riders? Id love a run to largs and try some new hills round here, id just make my way back to beith from there, probably still a good 40-50 miles for me.

I need to get out a run tomorow afternoon 1st before i commit though. Just had my ear fixed i can hear but my balance is stil dodgy not been out since last friday because of it but bein doing loads of climbing prior to that.

If its not suitable il start a thread in the 30 milers

• Life Members

Is there a possibility it could get run like last weeks again regroups on climbs or is this one for the faster riders? Id love a run to largs and try some new hills round here, id just make my way back to beith from there, probably still a good 40-50 miles for me.

I need to get out a run tomorow afternoon 1st before i commit though. Just had my ear fixed i can hear but my balance is stil dodgy not been out since last friday because of it but bein doing loads of climbing prior to that.

If its not suitable il start a thread in the 30 milers

Chris,

Don't over think things, keep it simple - just come out, meet at the club (or meet somewhere along the way) & ride your bike :-)

Will definitely regroup top of every hill & keep things sensible depending on who's out, so do come along & join in!

So hope to see you then.

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Family duties for me this weekend, but I might head out around the lumpy circuit we did a couple of weeks ago, just to get some hills in. Maybe setting off about 4-ish.

• Life Members

Hi Folks,

Just to confirm that meeting & starting from the club room at said time - 9.00am for the original proposed route.

Charlie is needing the hilly km so will be doing his secret training but hope to rendezvous with us at the BB later on :-)

See youse all tomorrow then

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Great wee run today under what turned out to be very good weather indeed!

8 met at the club room - Boyd, Chris, Carol & Dave, DavidC, Graham, Paul (LA_Guns) & myself setting off down the track to pick up Len at Lochwinnoch.

A wee mechanical disaster just before Lochwinnoch, in the form of Dave's puncture, while trying to get the back wheel off, he some how managed to snapped off the skewer handle even before the wheel came off, must have been Carol's secret EPO breakfast he had earlier with that strong fingers.

Luckily between us we managed to figure a way to sort the problem out & got going again. Be it minus some skewer handles to save a bit of weight for the rest of the days climbing :grin:

We made good time despite the puncture hiccup & got to Largs just before 11am where we past Iain Couttie going up the Haylie as we just came off it, apparently Charlie was heading to do the Fairlie which we just missed him, hope you guys had a good one too today!

Anyway, Paul was time constraint which meant he just carried on without the café stop at the BB, we of course didn't and enjoyed a lovely cuppa outside the sun .........ah bliss! :grin:

The second part of the route is a bit more challenging what with the Brisbane Glen & Whinhill to come. Chris went up the Haylie & back to Beith while the remaining lot made our up hill & down hill way back to Kilmarcolm then on the track again & home for everyone.

120km for me by the time I got home & a decent sun tan as a result of todays better than forecast weather, brilliant!

Thanks for the company today guys & gal, the wheels for most appreciated.

P.S Some lovely view down across the Clyde up the Whinhill ....... cannae beat it!

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks to Chung for posting the route and being the mechanic. If anyone has DT Swiss skewers, don't try and lever them off, they screw off...school boy error. Hopefully did not spoil the run which was done in warm weather for a change. Good company and good day to out on the bike as the photos above show. Thanks to all. Dave & Carol..