Thursday Night World Champs - 35 days to go

• 2023 Subscriptions

It is getting close! :)

Just a heads up i'm intending to change things a bit this year to try and keep the competition a bit closer. I made it out most weeks last year which resulted in getting an large lead by the end of July. This meant if someone missed a few weeks with injury or if they occassionally had commitments other than cycling on a Thursday night then they were pretty much out of the running. 

So rather than it taking place over the whole summer it will now be a monthly competition. There will be an April winner (first one of the season will likely be 29 March which will be added to April scores, May, June, July and August). September we can decide when it happens - there were only a couple chaingangs in September last year and one of them was up and down the Georgetown a couple of times.

Unless the road surface is repaired then i dont think the Houston 30 is suitable anymore for an intermediate sprint. Perhaps move to the Georgetown where the road is smooth (and wider) towards the reception centre entrance. This is close to the finish so gives a choice - sit in and save it for the finish or go for this sprint and risk not having time to recover before the end.

Once the daylight allows the route will vary between usual west ferry and the sewing bee route. Because i know how much you all enjoy that drag from Stewarton :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...