Festive Runs

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks a million for the warning Darryl, thanks to that the group was fine. Glad you are ok. It was a real shocker that the road there could have black ice, its a main road after all. Anyway we rode on and checked back a few times, no sign of anyone along the Westferry so we carried on. Then James appeared beside us in Gourock, a very impressive solo ride indeed. We went up the Haylie and enjoyed the brilliant run down to Kilbirnie. And I got a tow to my road end :)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Was wondering where you guys got to & why you didn’t catch up after Largs.

knew I was going to get pumped out on the wee rise before inverkip as I’m carrying more timber than you guys put together.

I rode right through Largs (BB was shut) and kept going along the coast before turning for home at West Kilbride. Rode the cycle path home which was totally ice free!

funny how the mind wanders when riding solo-I was musing on the pros and cons of having big feet. Good for pushing power thru the pedals but not aero and there’s bound to be a weight penalty. Same with big hands too, I suppose. Not that you pedal with your hands. Or ears. Small lugs definitely worth a few watts tho? Be good to have a big left ear for riding on the velodrome tho-help with turning left all the time.

I’m in too deep.