Chaingang 27 July - 630 - Georgetown / West Ferry route

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well that was quick!

Not particularly enjoyable, but strangely enjoyable at the same time...if that is even possible.

I was relegated from the bunch as we left bishy.

Stevie and Mr provision ( not sure of your name, sorry!) caught me, so i suggested a finlaystone short cut so we could all enjoy another kicking. Peeled off at houston and that was me!!

See you in 6 weeks laugh ðŸ˜.... OR sooner if I get my self in gear!!

Nb. Training fortnightly doesn't work.

That did feel quick!

I dropped my chain (a half back pedal while holding on to the railing - punter!) lost about 40-50 seconds - enough that everyone was out of sight. Caught up with David and Greg and took the shortcut.

Lost touch with the bunch just coming into the 30 at Houston.

A kicking is what I wanted and a kicking is what I got.

Thanks guys - Am I allowed back next week?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Billy likes accelerating. Its the top speed he needs to work on :) And he doesn't half exaggerate. Said to him a million times.

Anyhow I guess we all surge to get off the front as soon as possible and out of the wind but when you get in a squad that stays smooth it's such a joy. Like poetry in motion. Totally worth the extra effort of passing the lead rider slowly and smoothly... 

I just liked the mud!

Good night with the group dwindling to four at the bottom of the Clune before dwindling further as I watched the rest disappear up the Clune. Think it was Robbie from Ian.

Marc and I had a Sagan / Cavendish moment on the Inter sprint ( but much faster obviously!) with Robbie taking that from me with an angrily mutterig Marc in 3rd - sorry again!

Then another mud fest but this time in the rain too! before the final sprint. No idea of places - I crossed the lone first but someone else will need to let Iain know the scores on the doors for 2nd and 3rd.

The scourge of the surge!