Sat 15th - DA trainer

P McDonald

Sorry guys, one too many over the last couple of days 🻠and wrong choice of gear, Freezing and hungover and didn't want to be the one holding yous back so turned around and headed for home. 40 miserable cold wet windy miles in the bag and I had to get out my bed at 6.20 for the pleasure... I must be mad...

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks guys for a superb workout. About 85 miles which were pretty gritty at times with frozen rain, frozen wind, very strong gusty winds and hailstones !

So 7 intrepids, who can handle hard riding after a few refreshments the night before :), did the business. And they even managed to rally themselves after the catastrophic, near fatal disappointment at Muirkirk where the pscycadelic cafe was closed. We rode so fast we were there before opening time.

Well done lADs, Colin, Alan M, Alex, Robbie, Jan, Marc and Me.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Could of cried when my alarm went off at 6am this morning but so glad I sorted myself out and done the ride.

Btw think I've nailed the night before DA preparation - Go out and drink 6 pints of the finest Tenents Lager then go home and eat every chocolate biscuit in your fridge washed down with a cup of tea, make sure your in bed before midnight then ride your bike as hard as you can the following day, Bingo😎

Thanks guys for a superb workout. About 85 miles which were pretty gritty at times with frozen rain, frozen wind, very strong gusty winds and hailstones !

I added shorts to ramp up the grittyness levels! Only felt cold during the apoplectic rain and wind just before the cafe.

Cheers guys. Tough ride, made tougher by the ridiculous headwind.

Hard miles toDAy for me felt ok until the headwind climbs on the way back when I have to thank Paul for dragging me back on between Stewarton and Dunlop. Pace difficult to hold with the gusts but always a decent wee stopover at Moscow garden centre. Glad for it now although the legs tell me otherwise !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Tough morning made worse by the poor decision of wearing fingerless gloves. The lightweight in my head was really tempted to go back with Alan, just to make sure he got home ok of course! Thankfully I manned up and carried on! Great run, thanks again!