Chain gang 5rh May 6.30PM DEPART

Bickering over detours and short cuts. What next? PEDS, hidden motors, sticks in spokes, bonus points for riding mass produced tat and handicaps for using Italian stylish quality components (see other thread). Poor Charlie now getting dragged into to mediate and restore order.

Green jersey competition descending into eh.......... point scoring posting frenzy. Yis wur warned,so yis wur.

• 2023 Subscriptions

As Director of cycling for Thursday night chain gang I hereby find that Paul Robbie Billy and myself are entitled to the bonus points. There was one post by Ian advising of " possible" roadworks and that we may have to take detour. At no time was it agreed on forum or before we set off that we " shall" take detour. Big Alex was clearly pecking as in admission was Daryl. Big Al was overcome with illness and was not thinking straight. Paul Ian & Colin were just following the wheels of McTavish & Michael and would have followed them in to river I on the other hand despite losing your wheels at roundabout manfully chased the true routers. Having lost your wheels to suck made this stretch particularly hard so can not agree your untrue route was tougher

Clearly I am above self interest and the fact that I am getting 3 extra points has no bearing whatsoever. Indeed I did consider that the 4 true routers should be the only counters for Clune and Georgetown but in true Jwcc spirit I have not gone that far. Having heard all submissions final decision to be made by Ian McTavish ( Director of Racing)and on checking my rule book this decision is final and not subject to appeal.

Apr was good but did notice that chasers were all in a line behind Alan though to be fair Daryl And Billy did most of work in our group. Also noticed that some members were in chase group when they should have been in first group but on this occasion only no disqualification

As Director of cycling for Thursday night chain gang I hereby find that Paul Robbie Billy and myself are entitled to the bonus points. There was one post by Ian advising of " possible" roadworks and that we may have to take detour. At no time was it agreed on forum or before we set off that we " shall" take detour. Big Alex was clearly pecking as in admission was Daryl. Big Al was overcome with illness and was not thinking straight. Paul Ian & Colin were just following the wheels of McTavish & Michael and would have followed them in to river I on the other hand despite losing your wheels at roundabout manfully chased the true routers. Having lost your wheels to suck made this stretch particularly hard so can not agree your untrue route was tougher

Clearly I am above self interest and the fact that I am getting 3 extra points has no bearing whatsoever. Indeed I did consider that the 4 true routers should be the only counters for Clune and Georgetown but in true Jwcc spirit I have not gone that far. Having heard all submissions final decision to be made by Ian McTavish ( Director of Racing)and on checking my rule book this decision is final and not subject to appeal.

Apr was good but did notice that chasers were all in a line behind Alan though to be fair Daryl And Billy did most of work in our group. Also noticed that some members were in chase group when they should have been in first group but on this occasion only no disqualification

I love it when you talk dirty!

On another point. The detour we took (which is the exact same length as the A8 according to Google, but 2 minutes slower due to its mid straight climb, therefore tougher) arrives at the base of the Clune keeping the route intact, and is a lot quieter than the A8. Might be worth considering this moving forward. 1.4 miles of quieter 30mph roads instead of 1.4 miles of 70mph dual carriageway. No change to route distance. Just a thought and happy to go with whatever.

(And Charlie - you mentioned you were sorting cars for La Sufrida? Can you PM me what you're looking at please. Cheers!)

• 2023 Subscriptions

On another point. The detour we took (which is the exact same length as the A8 according to Google, but 2 minutes slower due to its mid straight climb, therefore tougher) arrives at the base of the Clune keeping the route intact, and is a lot quieter than the A8. Might be worth considering this moving forward. 1.4 miles of quieter 30mph roads instead of 1.4 miles of 70mph dual carriageway. No change to route distance. Just a thought and happy to go with whatever.

(And Charlie - you mentioned you were sorting cars for La Sufrida? Can you PM me what you're looking at please. Cheers!)

Good point.

The bunch always seems to split up a bit towards Newark castle, probably because it is a little risky to follow wheels too closely what with all the potholes at the bottom of the downhill section.