Track league 9th December

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

I didnt do much tonight - waited too late in the sprint, devil was eliminated when i dont think i should have been, scratch went hard with about 10 to go looked under my arm and thought someone was on my wheel but they werent...but was committed so stuck  to it for a bit then thought better of it but nowhere when it mattered. Points race...tried to repeat last weeks tactic but 32 laps its just too short. Bad crash going into the last sprint with 2 to go, i think it started with a touch of shoulders or bars and Ronnie from VCGS going down hard then Paul who was behind him having nowhere to go. Looked a sore one hope you are ok!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Yes unbelievably I was talking to Alan and Iain and mentioning that there had been very few crashes this season, I even said there used to be one per week. Iain wisely said don't tempt fate!

Slow motion I saw Ronnie lying in track in front of me, time slows down and I remember thinking I'll bunny hop him then realising I can't do that on track bike. The worst of it was it was last lap sprint and we would be doing 35mph or so, apparently I bounced a quite a bit. Usual plethora of track rash and some very sore bruises. HOORAY, MY BIKE IS OK :) and I am very fortunate to have a Mrs that stocks the dressings required for crazy cycling husbands (and their mates Andy!)

Started night with 6 up sprint heat and I was second by a whisker so did not make final.

Devil was not so good this week, legs just not there and finished about 12 from 26.

Scratch better finished 7th.

Points race I had picked up a couple of points and was aiming to get a few more in final sprint then kerrrashhh.

Still a great way to spend a Wednesday night

• 2023 Subscriptions

Paul I'm glad to hear that you're okay and I can testify to Mrs McDonald's abilities to repair crazy cycling husbands. Hope you're not too sore in the morning. Such a relief the bike is okay. There's no dressings in the world that would have helped!

Andy

• 2023 Subscriptions

Glad you're ok Paul.

My legs were feeling very heavy before we started, and sure enough I was misfiring badly in the 12 lap scratch and the devil. Got a bit better in the second half of the points race, coming through and contesting the sprints, but not actually getting near the points. The final 24 lap scratch race was good to start with, but my legs soon let me know that they weren't going to maintain the pace, and finished up in the third group with nothing left. A good night eventually.