Knockhill circuit on Sunday

DavieB

• Committee

HI Davie

Good to see your inner Belgian is refreshed. Leaving Kilmacolm early in time for U16 race and not coming back home after so I may not be much use but I will see you there.

I am going to spend all afternoon stripping down my commuter and returning it to cx mode.

Alan

• Committee

Really interesting venue with views over the Forth and racing cars on the circuit next door. Not the prettiest circuit across windswept car parks but there was some variety including a hay bale slalom and fast gravel tracks. Very well organised.

usual charge at the start, about sixth to the first corner then lost a few places to finish about 10 in a pack of 40 or so. I was lapped 200m before the finish which was annoying and missed my own "final" lap. Billy whomustnotbenamed enjoyed his first cross race so much he crashed at the first remount and had the squinty shifter badge of honour.

better performance from the Jets with a 2nd, 2nd and 3rd respectively for Hamish, Ellie and Luisa in their categories (correct me if wrong). AND they all got sweetie bags at the finish.

I left half-way through v40 race, Alex Baird in top 10 for first few laps, Davie, David and Paul mid-pack.

Still sunny and warm in Fife. when winter comes it will be  a shock.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Lots of Wheelers and Jets(great performances) about which was brilliant to see... Billy look great for his first CX race and Alan McLean looked very pro! Alex just missed out on a top 20 place, David C had a huge improvement from last week and looked really strong, Davie B looked to be going well too until the last lap :)  personally all I can say is I lapped my nemesis although he had punctured and switch to a mountain bike... but hey it still counts ... great day out.... pity about the Rugby ;)

A far wider, more uphill track this time. Again, very tough with no respite, but a much better start cleared a lot of the bottle necks. The technical bits are clearly where I'm losing time, closing in until the dreaded tight 180s (of which there were loads) when I'd immediately lose 10 metres or so.

Getting better though. 5 seconds separated my 22nd position from 19th position, which isn't a lot over a 1 hour race!

Great turnout from the Jets and great to see Alan McLean and Billy in the V50s as well as David B, David C and Paul L with me in the V40s.

Magic cake being dished out throughout followed by a few enjoyable post race aperitifs.

• 2023 Subscriptions

A far wider, more uphill track this time. Again, very tough with no respite, but a much better start cleared a lot of the bottle necks. The technical bits are clearly where I'm losing time, closing in until the dreaded tight 180s (of which there were loads) when I'd immediately lose 10 metres or so.

Getting better though. 5 seconds separated my 22nd position from 19th position, which isn't a lot over a 1 hour race!

Great turnout from the Jets and great to see Alan McLean and Billy in the V50s as well as David B, David C and Paul L with me in the V40s.

Magic cake being dished out throughout followed by a few enjoyable post race aperitifs.

Alan Mclean, V50s... i'll have a couple of pints of whatever he's been drinking :-)