Tuesday 21st July - 25mile TT #2 A77

GrahamF

• 2023 Subscriptions

Another 25TT on A77 scheduled for this week, start is at 7pm so meet at 6:45,  The route is as posted for last week.

I will not be there this time, but if there are any riders we'll also need volunteers to timekeep and holdup (as well as cheer!)

No

Maybe it should have been left where it was , at least some people actually took part.

Mind you on that could you post the current risk assessment for this new course as I would like to see the hazards and if it is a low risk I may take part

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'd like to do this because I need the practice. Having said that, if I'm going to be the only one riding it's a bit pointless. It would also be a bit challenging to get to on time given Tuesday will be my first day back at work after a couple of weeks off. Realistically, I won't know if I can get there on time until after 5 on Tuesday.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Sorry Gorgeous,

100% against changing confined events to Saturday, like many others I have weekend family commitments and 2 days of cycling activity over the weekend is a complete non starter for me.. The sewing bee versus the confined events is entirely personal choice and in my opinion should be left as such...... The sewing bee doesn't suit me timewise, therefore the confined events are generally what I choose to do on a Tuesday.........just my opinion like...

Ian.......

• 2023 Subscriptions

Of course it won't suit everyone, Ginty but the numbers, or lack thereof, surely show that the Tuesday nights dont suit many.

I managed a few earlier in the year when I thought low numbers were due to the bad weather but the light nights are here now & we still struggle to get many participants.

• 2023 Subscriptions

George,

We're still getting a few riders most weeks, the 25's have never really been that well supported, but for the most part we're still getting the same people as previous years, and the only ones we're really missing from previous years are the "sewing bee'ers" , who are still out on a Tuesday night, so I don't think the fact that it's a Tuesday has really anything to do with it... I try to make most of the Tuesday TT's, whereas if they were on Saturdays i wouldn't make any, so for me its a definite NO....

McGinty

• Life Members

Hi Alan,

Unless someone post up to time-keep in the next 5-10 minutes, then I can't see myself doing 2 job at the same time :-( plus so far, I think it's only Iain Couttie & you confirmed to ride!

I'll check back in 10 minutes to see any updates!

Cheers

Chung

None of them should be riding without the risk assessment being carried out first

Or are we just doing what we like so can we produce an analytical risk assessment of the current course

Thanks

George

Apparently we have all been consulted on moving this from a course that some actually rode to this one

We also have no insurance for any of the riders as as far as I know nobody has carried out a risk assessment for JWCC to actually do a confined on this course

Still it won't be me who will be getting sued if somebody has an accident

Mind you somebody has got to ride it first

• Life Members

Alan,

Sorry we missed you, Iain decided not to do a time ride since he was the only one there.

He said the start was (as I have no clue where it was) just outside the house between the "recycling depot" and the golf course entrance heading to Fenwick direction for the turn, so that's where Alan McBride & I met.

But we head off since Iain just wanted to practice as his asthma was causing him problems anyway.

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ummm, yeah. According to the map that Graham posted, the start is further up just where the A77 passes under the motorway. Not to worry. I guess the positive is, I've seen the course for myself so I'm now qualified to give an opinion as to whether it's suitable for a confined event. In my view, no. I won't ride it as a confined event, and I wouldn't be keen to ride it as an open event. For detailed reasons, it's probably better to start a new thread, giving George his opportunity to state his case for moving confined events to a Saturday(personally, no, for much the same reasons as Ginty), and for other suggestions for changing the locations of the confined events.

Graham has done a good job with the calendar this year, shaking things up a bit, but this particular experiment, in my view, has not resulted in a new home for the 25's.