Degenkolb's brilliant shampoo adverts ignite TdF

Alan McLean

• Committee

Tour de France on Sky has really been animated for me by John Degenkolb's wooden performance in his Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo advert.

I usually fast forward the ads but I now slow the segments to savour each of his utterly wooden toe-curling appearances. It is even better than the old sonorous "Sidi:cycling shoes" ad.

Even better: I now want to get some to improve my sprinting, even if it only helps 2%. Marginal gains etc.

Anyone know where I can get some locally ?

(I should really be out riding instead of wasting my time here)

• 2023 Subscriptions

I think they have Marcel Kittel doing an advert too. Took me three watches to figure out he was saying "I like my hair" I like his hair too.

He does look like a cross between Ross Toole & Dolph Lungren tho.

As for Degenkolb, I can't take anyone with a moustache seriously. Especially cyclists. I make an exception for Hitler, Sadam Hussein & my mother in law as they were all very serious cruel dictator types. Not to be taken lightly in any way shape or form.

Back to shampoo, I used to use head & shoulders shampoo. Now I just use shoulders :(

• 2023 Subscriptions

To be honest for a man gingerly working on his bike, being confronted by an arm thrusting caffiene mixture in his face I thought he was very composed. Thinking of getting some to mix with my morning cappuccino