July 5th Mennock Pass and the radar station

thejanullrichdietplan

• 2023 Subscriptions

We could probably average more than 16mph Robbie to give you time. I am basing this on LBL which was 170 miles and we did it under 10 hours including feed stops which is 17mph average. A few lengthy sections of single line steady work and we'll be fine.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Ok guys cheers, 1700hours is cutting it a bit fine to get myself fit for duty! I'm back in the station tomorrow so i'm going to try and get someone to cover first hour of my shift or even better, get the night off. Will post up asap.

Guest EPCC

Robbie

You would get back a bit earlier than that with Brigadeer McD driving the pace and Alan and Jan you might even get back before you start they go that fast

• 2023 Subscriptions

Team

Might I be so bold as to suggest a change on the return route. On leaving Wanlockhead after ticking off the Golf Ball I suggest we maybe veer left and head back via Crawfordjohn, Glentaggart, Apache Pass, Glespin, Muirkirk, Darvel etc. as per below. Only suggesting as this route has mainly very quiet and very scenic roads as opposed to the old A77 and E Kilbride etc. And Glen Taggart and Apache Pass are two to add to bucket list! Just a thought. Distance same maybe a tad less. What do you think

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/766776373

• 2023 Subscriptions

Gents, so we are away sharp in the morning then. I plan to meet with you at bottom of Bowfield to spare my wee legs a couple of miles, not that it will matter on a 130 miler but I will get an extra 20 mins in bed :)

I will be there at 0810 sharp.

It gonna be good

Amazing run and great route. Cheers jan and paul for directing us. Felt good most of today and i also had a Mars at Darvel confident that would be enough to get me home. WRONG, after the canny man felt terrible and had to get a banana of ginty otherwise I doubt I'd have made it home, tough last couple of miles. Cheers for the wheels guy's 😃

• 2023 Subscriptions

Enjoyed that today, some great views from the top of the golf ball, worth the effort getting up to it. Regret not taking a photo now :D Legs went going up the climb in the rain after Galston and struggled big time for next few miles but eventually started feeling a bit better.

• 2023 Subscriptions

That was magic. Truly madly deeply gubbed. That was our very own LBL in Scotland. From very hot sunshine to a real life monsoon. Good idea Iain, and really good to tick off the Golf ball, that was a serious climb !