Scottish national 10, 10th May

AlanT

• 1 month later...
Guest EPCC

With my current form it's not luck I need its assistance so 0.3 g of sodium bicarbonate per Kg of body weight let's hope I don't get the shits

Guest EPCC

And so the report

Not been showing any form this year so decided to try some bicarbonate of soda , so got up early 0645 mixed .3g per Kg of body weight mixed with water and some orange for taste

All went well had breakfast and started drinking my pre race drink , looked out the window saw the rain and decided to do my warm up in the house started the BC 20 min warm up and into the first five minutes had to dash to the toilet

Yes my bicarbonate was having a reaction, twenty minutes latter got out of the toilet and drove to the start.

Sign in went well then started to ride to the start dropped my chain which managed to get jammed another five minutes got to the starter to say 15 seconds flung my jacket off at 5 seconds to go.

The weather was fairly wet but the way out was fantastic tail wind I was feeling great, went through what I thought was a puddle which turned out to be a whole something made a hellish noise thought it was my tub slowed down waiting for it to loose air, but no bike was a bit different but kept going.

Got to the turn and started coming back up to woodhall still feeling good wasn't dropping much speed on to the next section much harder now head wind but still ok last roundabout time to really push .

Put a bit more effort into my legs and bang crank falls off nearly crash the bike managed to stop and walk back find my crank and finish one legged . It would have been a low 19 honest George is claiming a victory but surely mechanicals are an exception