Club Run Sunday 5th April - DEFINITELY!

chung

• Life Members

Hi Folks,

It's a tad late but given the fact that it's Easter Sunday & public holiday, I'm not sure if there's enough interest for a run this sunday as folks will more than likely to have family commitments etc.

But I thought I'll post it anyway, now please be aware that I am currently BIKE-LESS, as I've just discovered a crack on the frame on the only bike I have :-( I'm trying desperately to get my self a bike that I can ride so even though I've posted this but I might not even make it! (Advance apologies if I do for that)

However, I'll post again & inform my status on Saturday evening, by then I would know one way or the other!

Right, my plan is as follow:

Clubroom 0900 - GT Road - Bridge - Dumbarton - Helensburgh - Rhu - Garelochhead - Coulport - Kilcreggan (Cafe Stops?) - Round Gare Loch - Glen Fruinn - Back into Balloch (Cafe Stop?) - Alexander - Dumbarton - Bridge - Home

I've no exact milage for that, but recon it'll be approx. 80-ish miles door to door?

Various bail out/cut it short options - Helensburgh cut up to Sinclair St. or After Rhu up to Glen Fruinn instead of carrying on!

Weather's meant to be O.K ........ so any wheel/company would be very much welcome :-)

As I said, I'll post up before Saturday evening to confirm my bike situation to let folks know!

Cheers

Chung

Family commitments!!! I never put them before cycling!

Sorry to hear about your bike so near to Paris Roubaix.

I 'll be there on Sunday - weather looking good. Will not do the whole route.

Will you be able to borrow a bike?

I'll be using my summer bike.

You can use my Boardman - it has 54 cm frame (and SRAM gears)

• Life Members

Thanks to all you chap's kind offer of a bike! Seems like my feeble attempts at sabotaging my PR ride will be thwarted by all these generous offers :-)

Like I said, I'm in the process of getting a replacement bike and at the moment it's looking good :-) hence my optimistic posting for Sunday!

Fingers double crossed :-)

It'll be great to catch up with you Charlie, but not catch your germs though ;-)

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Hi folks,

For these who are perceptive, will notice I've change the title to "very likely". That's because I've managed to sort myself with a ride but I'll need to test ride it first just to be sure :-) Will definitely confirm tomorrow!

Happy Easter everyone

Cheers

Chung

• Life Members

Chung

I was over optimistic still unwell so no bike for me enjoy

That's a shame, Charlie! It would have been great to see you.

Better to recover fully first, you don't want to jeopardise LBL being so near as well!

Take it easy & what better way to enjoy Easter Sunday with your feet up & catching the Ronde on telly! :-)

Get well soon!

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great run today. Weather was very kind with views over Glen Fruin even making Greenock look good - honest!!

297km in legs over the last two days so now feeling a bit happier about LBL. 

Good luck to Chung et al for Paris-Roubaix next week......... Nutter!

• Life Members

Wow, that was a good day on the bike!

A bunch of 5 of Alan Fox, Martin, Paul C, Young Ross & myself met at the clubroom on this rather chilly & misty morning. Making our way to the bridge where we were joined by Campbell H & Tom (on his consecutive days on the bike) with Bill making a brief appearance but left us to do his own secret training. It was good to catch up again nonetheless!

Through our proposed route and picking up Big Ronnie Chard at Garelochead, where upon Paul made his return journey to still make it a 80miles round trip :-) The climb up to Whistlefield roundabout from Garelochead was as brutal as the last time I remembered it, even on my new bike :-)

A very enjoyable descend into Coulport after the climb was spoiled a bit by the mist which obscured the view across the peninsula, but better weather was to follow after our cafe stop at Kilcreggan! The sun eventually play ball and came out to make the day into a fantastic one, like Tom said it even made Greenock look "nice" (sorry to the good folks of Greenock)

The final climb of the day up Glen Fruinn was another highlight with the sun at our back even though the climb was alway demanding, a first for Martin & Ross but no doubt many more to come!

Bridge via Balloch (where Ronnie departed to do more in-order to fulfil his daily 150km quota), Alexandria & bridge.

My usual route home meant I stayed North side of bridge to head home via the Westend leaving the rest to carry on back to the South side of the Clyde. Hope everyone got home without too much bother!

I was kindly joined by Martin who's wheel I sucked without any shame on the way home as I was dying a thousand death!

Home at last with 165km (a hunner miles) on the clock, I'm knackered!

Thanks for the great company & the wheels today, great prep for me for next Saturday!

Great run today. Weather was very kind with views over Glen Fruin even making Greenock look good - honest!!

297km in legs over the last two days so now feeling a bit happier about LBL. 

Good luck to Chung et al for Paris-Roubaix next week......... Nutter!

Cheers Tom, you have a good holiday in France too!

See youse in two weeks time :-)

Chung