25th Jan Troon

Paul C

Run down to Troon same route as last time - about 65 miles.

Cafe stop at the Blueberry.

Those wanting to do a few more miles can tack on a loop at the end (Barrhead or whatever).

Miller street 09:30.

Forecast is dry but strong SW wind so behind on the way back!

RSVP

WARNING

Just back from walking the dog.

There are long stretches of sheet ice on the track from Lochwinnoch towards Kilbirnie. Don't think it will be gone by tomorrow morning unless the forecast overnight rain melts it away.

I assume it will be the same in the other direction towards Johnstone so I will take the main road.

Ah, nae luck McB :(

Think 8 of us started. Pretty awful headwind and our numbers slowly dwindled and a route change of Dalry onto the BB was made. I soon found myself left with Alex, Geo and Iain. Legs had only done 35 miles but felt like 100 and my mental toughness left me as I was getting dropped uphill leaving Dalry towards WK. The lure of nearby home was too great and I threw in the towel and pottered home.

I think at this point I may officially be doing your medium LBL. Full one seems an impossible task just now.

Think positive Richie still a long ways to go before chucking the towel in - you have probably done more road miles than me.

My brief dalliance with the bunch coincided with a snapped chain and plenty of splintering so not the best day for a saunter to Troon. Highlight of the day was an interesting snippet of info in that a certain Paisley buddie had just acquired a new 'cross bike  :shock: Can it really be true?