Renfrew Winter Bunch

P McDonald

• 2023 Subscriptions

Very bad luck Alan. Hope it's fixable. Or not then you need to get a new bike:)

There was a weird curse over JWCC today. Darryl punctured on westferry, bunch waited. Then Charlie punctured in Greenock and the bunch continued on basis that team JWCC would ride up Spango. Which we did but before we exited Greenock Alan's rear mech blew. Met Iain McT and one other on the coast road and we 7 upped to Largs to arrive about 5 mins ahead of bunch. Grand teamwork, what a headwind though. Then rolling down into Barrhead after the finish I punctured and snapped rear mudguard. Something must have caught in wheel.

Other than that a good hard ride into a challenging wind up the coast. I was pumped a bit before Lugton leaving 7 in bunch including big Alan. Was going to turn off at Lugton but saw Linsey coming along so we 2 upped and caught another pumpee then rolled into Barrhead a minute or two down.

So Alan I was acting as your proxy this week in the 2 up with the mightily strong Linsey.

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Until Inverkip wasn't quite sure if behind or in front of the bunch, fortunately the Johnstone 5 appeared to make the headwind to Largs a bit more bearable. The stretch from Ardrossan through Saltcoats to Kilwinning was pretty rapid, normally things ease off a wee bit there but not today. Somehow made it over the Kilwinning drag with the bunch then on the flatish bit at top made the mistake of thinking "job done" and drifted off the back all of 5 metres - then i just couldnt get back on before the junction. So that meant a solo sufferfest along Lochlibo road until Lindsay caught me, held on to her wheel for a bit then got dropped before Lugton then Richie caught about Shilford and ended up working together to the end.

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'm planning to ride the Port Glasgow to Largs segment of coast run tomorrow to do risk assessment for Don Smith on Sunday. Then up Healy Brae and back to Lochwinnoch. Passing through Kilbarchan and down clune to route. Wee warm up for Sunday.

Weavers Cottage 9am if anyone else feels the need to get out and get wet.

• 7 months later...