22nd June Millport tour of Cumbrae

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Fabulous day out. Well done to Iain Couttie getting placed in the TT this morning. No idea how the fast boys got on in the racing this afternoon.

4 of us set out from club rooms at 08.15 this morning, we met Allan Michael and Iain mcginty at the 09.30 ferry. Good show from the jets as well, I was well pleased with my 21.53 on a breezy course littered with tourist cyclists. We retired to a pub for some refreshments, then went to watch the last three laps of the road race. Then a quick dive to the ferry and the train home.

Weather couldn't have been better, and the hospitality was excellent. Well done to everyone who took part.

• 2023 Subscriptions

TT Results are here.

http://www.braveheartfund.co.uk/Community/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13655

Road race results here.

http://www.braveheartfund.co.uk/Community/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13656

Well done to Paul McDonald grabbing a fifth place in the V40 category. It looked pretty tough slogging up that rise where we waved our beers at you.

Once again, a great day out, we really couldn't have asked for better weather and the course was pretty good too.

• Members

Well that was the hardest thing I have done on a bike so far but loved it. Could not believe the pace of the riders and ended up on my own personal time trial. Thanks to Ian Coutie for the encouragement at the top of the hill, on last lap I was pedalling squares. Not so much thanks to Ginty and the two Alan's, drinking cold beers while others are suffering, mental torture. Thanks to Mark O, Paul. Billy, Charlie and all others who offered kind words at start and end. Knackered, burnt and aching in places I did not know existed but I'll be back for more.

Cheers. Iain

Not my best day on the bike first run up the hill was hard second was harder a wee break started tried to bridge it on the coast bit failed and was knackerd chased round the rest of the course felt ok till last lap then went pop

Rode home and watched Paul McD disappear up the clune 90 miles and tiered