23 April!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Not the most enjoyable of evenings as i had my first crash on the track

It started with a couple of riders in front colliding (the guy who caused this stayed upright and unharmed) i saw it unfolding but it was slightly above me on the banking so i couldnt go up so had to go down but just didnt have the space to avoid and collided with a sliding bike. Not quite sure what happened after this but next thing i know im sliding along on my back and side thinking that at least my head and collarbone seemed ok. Strange that you can consciously think that while still in the middle of the crash sequence! Got up, couple of fairly deep cuts on the knee and some track rash but not too bad. Get patched up, stung a bit but wasnt too bad I guess that was due to the adrenaline as its now pretty sore and i dont seem to be able to walk up stairs!

Part of racing and i knew it was going to come eventually however it would have been nice if the person who caused it all had come up and at least acknowledged what had happened and seen if we were alright - i'm not asking for an apology or anything it just seems like the decent thing to do . The other rider involved (Colin) whose bike i crashed into couldnt have been more apologetic and there was no fault at all on his part.

• 2023 Subscriptions

I thought you'd have mentioned the lack of damage to your new jersey? The main thing is you have no serious structural damage, and cuts will heal. Speedy recovery.

• 2023 Subscriptions

What's your damage Iain you ok

Right knee has a couple of deep cuts but dont need stitches just steristrips on one and dressing on the other, back of left knee / upper part of calf is sorest but dont know if this is due to impact and bruising or muscular due to twisting or overstretching. Have to see what its like over the next couple of days. Few bits of track rash on my elbow and back. All things considered not too bad but with it being on my knee i'll need to wait until it heals a bit before i can pedal without it opening up again.

Apart from the various random crashes it was a great wee night of racing!

Flying 200's to start, PB's all round for the Johnstone seniors, took 0.2 off mine for a 12.71 but got beaten into 4th overall by Richard on a 12.60

12 lap scratch to start, got beaten by Andy Brown by a foot in the final sprint after Richard giving us a nice tow for a couple up to the last lap.

Kierin next which I won after a 2 lap lead out from Andy and sprint past with Lewis Stewart from the Riderz hot on the heels.

Next up 2 rounds of Italian Pursuit, 4 teams of 6/7, semi finals then A and B finals. Somehow ended up in a team with Andy Brown and we nearly made the catch in both races, great fun!

Last race of the night was a devil, after some floating about in the middle of the pack came over the top and adopted my favourite position on the red line second man up the track, we got down to the last 3 and I managed to hold it out front for a win. Overall a fun night and feeling strong, hopefully the numbers will be higher for next time, we wheelers managed to make up a quarter of the field!