?eol for irvine

Alan McLean

On that bike have completed nove coli and rvv with same set up.

It's a longer term issue which I think I exacerbated with a non-cycling related jolt recently - quite a benign incident but had no cycling problems before this. Need to get it seen to methinks as opposed to self diagnosis.

D

• 2023 Subscriptions

Awesome course beginning with long straight run into a stiff hill climb. Flattened out for 100 metres then the Big Dipper! Fast stomach turning drop followed by climb. Levelled out for a bit before going into a weird camber section. Like track boards at the turn. Then a small desent to a couple of boards. Back on the bike into a small ascent into a nice flowy section before turning towards the beach with fantastic views across to Arran. Bike onto shoulder to take on a steep climb. Jumping back on the bike we were straight into a technical section, then gravel path then more weird camber. After this into a fast descent and flowy section before coming to the sand dunes. The first few times into these was tough going but got the hang of it. Out of the dunes we were back into the next lap.

My times and placing a were consistent with Strathclyde so I was happy enough with a second race and still learning loads. Couple of mechanicals today but nothing that can't be fixed with a chain stay.

Andy

• 2023 Subscriptions

Interesting report Al !

Great report Andy, all I can say is well done doing it the day after the bogs bunch which for the more distinguished riders does take a day or two of reflection and recovery ( on the turbo :) )

Cheers Paul! Funday!

Jann where did you see photies?

Andy

Andy,

Good report it is a cracking course and the sand section - all rideable - is good fun. Also, the sight of a line of riders silhoutted against the coastal sky as they shoulder their bikes up the run-up section is pretty iconic as you ride towards it.

Rubbishy race for me with chain tangled up between cassette and hub three times - I was close to packing when it happened at the base of the big rideable climb on the last lap but this is totally down to me being a plank and not setting the limits on my new rear mech. Legs couldn't really get going either but it was still fun.

Two highlights of the day;

> On the initial scramble off the start line two riders abreast going into the first wee bomb hole and in perfect sync going over the handle bars - carnage ensued!

> The organisers getting my name wrong on the results sheet :)

Andy -you going to the Scottish Championship?

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions

good show from the jets

isla mccutcheon podium in the U8 with a typical strong performance, wee rowan johnston did the jersey proud on his 16" (20) tyres

Jamie Thomson and Colin Arthur were in a huge U12 and U10 field and went well

Hamish MacLaren tried his best to keep Jamie Johnstone in sight and finished in a podium position

Hamish McLean enjoyed his race on the big course in the U14/ U16, quite a step up

All in all, a good effort from all

duncan

I drove the car, and ate the bacon roll!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Davy

> The organisers getting my name wrong on the results sheet :)

I thought you were called Davie Belgian not Davie Bernard ;-)

Andy -you going to the Scottish Championship?

Missed the deadline, emailed stuart mcinnes but no joy

Andy