CLUBROOMS

ginty001

• 3 weeks later...

Guys and Girls,

We have still got some way to go to finishing the clubrooms after the works carried out to the interior. I will be kicking off the redecoration of those parts of the clubroom which were replastered etc during the day on Monday and Tuesday of this week. This will be concentrate on a final painting of the kitchen and the store. I realise most of you will be at work, but for those who might not be and have a spare few hours you are welcome to join me.

Ian McGinty is going to pick up with the tiling of the toilets and showers, however there is a fair bit of prep work still required to do to these areas before any painting iof this accommodation can be started. I'm looking for a handful of volunteers for next Saturday (30th) to come down and do this work. It won't be exciting stuff mostly cleaning, filling and sanding. Also a couple of bodies would be of use in moving equipment etc back into the store room. Probably a 9.00 - 9.30 start with a 4pm finish at the latest.

A show of hands from those able to get along would be appreciated. I know most can't devote the whole day but a few man hours would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

M

One final appeal for some free labour for Saturday. The girls are proposing to paint their toilet/shower on Sunday but there is still work to be done.

The kitchen is finished and now ony needs a good thorough cleaning.

The store room is 99% done. Some minor brushwork out standing and the floor scrubbed before putting everything back in.

Ginty is tiling the gent's shower cubicle on Saturday but the gents still requires 2 coats of paint. Ginty do you propose tiling the ladies during next week?

To allow the girls to paint (2 full coats now girls) on Sunday, the ladies need the new plaster sealed, some dents and dings filled and the place rubbed and wiped down.

The entrance porch also needs painting.

I'll be at the clubrooms most of Saturday. Ginty and Ramsay will be there in the morning. 2 more bodies in the morning and two or three for a few hours in the afternoon would see most of the above work done and dusted. Volunteers, even for an hour, would be welcome.

Cheers

Mark

Talking to the girls on Sunday, I said I've got a petrol strimmer and would do the grass, preferably on a frosty day when I can't go out on the bike. Can the gate key be arranged? Does the club have any other wrinklies like myself who would help? One day or morning a week for a couple of weeks would make a big hole in the work.