October Training Plan

Guest EPCC

Last week was pretty good. HR in the zones required. The last 4 mins of turbo 1 are all about focussing the mind to get through it. Legs definitely felt tired on Saturday. Turbo 3 went well last night HR up above 170 for last 3 effort intervals, and weights good this evening. I might not be lifting a sufficiently heavy weight in some sets - did increase the weights in those sets I found too easy this evening but only by 5 kg. Upper body strength is rubbish. I am such a skinny.........

Slightly off topic. The machines I'm using use air resistance (Psi) does anyone know of the conversion from Psi to weight. Is it as simple as 25 Psi = 25 lbs ??? I'm just curious.

Mark, doesn't matter how much you are lifting, so long as the load makes you work.

A 5 kilo increase is about right too. Small incremental increases are the best way to make gains while avoiding injury.

I have been laid up with flu/black lung since Sunday so next season is already a write off.

If only my immune system could support my athletic ability! :)

Week 2 completed feedback required

Andy Al and Iain and Paul since we don't have track on Wednesday 27 how about 1830

Andy Al I know you are itching to get training again but the rest will do you good

Billy,

A bit cheeky maybe but any chance of getting a test done for baseline purposes?

Obviously haven't been following any plan as I like doing 'cross in the "off" season and just try and get a bit fitter for that - nothing too scientific mind!

Let me know but no probs if you can't fit it in.

Cheers,

Davie