POSSIBLE NEW CLUB KIT DESIGN

chung

• Life Members

Dear JWCC members,

We would like to inform all members that Tom Hill & myself have taken on the task of possibly looking into getting a New Design for our club cycling kit.

However, we though it would be a good idea to utilise local design talent in this creative process rather than just relying on the suppliers "limited" input.

Therefore, we are running this as a "Design Competition", inviting local design school students to summit their work so we can choose the "best" design to be used as the blueprint for our new club kit.

To further entice the student to participate, we will be offering the Winner & 2 Runners up of this competition with cash rewards which have been generously donated by our very own philanthropist - TOM HILL.

So, if in the near future, you're wearing club kit that rivals "Rapha" then you all should know who to thanks! :-)

We have yet to contact the students as they're still on holiday, so once their term starts we will proceed with this.

So, in the mean time I'll try and report any progress as much as we can to keep everyone up dated on this matter.

Cheers

Chung

• 2 months later...
  • Life Members

To All members,

A report on the latest regarding this endeavour.

After contacting our potential school & colleges to invite the students to participate in our competition, we have only received disappointing numbers who express interest in submitting their design. Therefore, we had to cancel the process and as it stands we have no "new design" of our cycling kit.

I'm extremely disappointed at the lack of interest as I thought this would have been a great opportunity for young students to showcase their design talent in a real life project.............. then again maybe I was wrong!

I'm not sure what our next step is regarding this issue, hopefully if I can attend the next committee meeting then I can raise this matter for further discussion.

In the meantime, can I again thank Tom Hill for his support & Richard Montegue for helping me draft the poster and design brief.

Thanks

Chung

Could we have go ourselves?

Just as a suggestion, see below. What about something like that but with the white stripes replaced with Yellow? Nice and simple and would leave plenty of room for logos etc.

Of course, I have no fashion sense whatsoever and only wear what my wife buys me.

T8%20blue%20front-3F9CA620-CCAC-4847-9816-647187B37229-620x350-q80.jpg

• Life Members

Could we have go ourselves?

Just as a suggestion, see below. What about something like that but with the white stripes replaced with Yellow? Nice and simple and would leave plenty of room for logos etc.

Of course, I have no fashion sense whatsoever and only wear what my wife buys me.

T8%20blue%20front-3F9CA620-CCAC-4847-9816-647187B37229-620x350-q80.jpg

KennyB,

That idea was certainly suggested as I chatted to other members - to allow our members to submit designs.

However, in order to go down that path I think the committee have to ratify the process first before it can happen.

Who knows, maybe it'll unleash the creative side in you. Keep an eye on this space for hopefully further developments!

Richard is spot on with regards to that "eye"!

Cheers

Chung