• 2024 Subscriptions

Just wondering. Anyone willing to explore the alternative option for getting in that Iain mentioned few posts back - getting in as part of a club entry? if it's only me, I probably won't bother. Need to get it sorted by later this month. Billy, Tom, Iain + others, do you fancy entering as team?

I'm also reading the blurb on the link as 400 teams and not 400 places. Will stand corrected of course. Good chance I'd say of getting an entry via this route, even thru a ballot our chances must be beter than those of the individual ballot. Entries open on the 4th (tues) with details being posted the day before. Entry closes the 21st March. I'm in.

Spanner in the works time now

Obviously there is a limit on how many persons make a team so if we get a team in who gets to ride in it

Just thinking as it may only be one team of four riders I think more than four want to ride so do we then ballot

Anayway just some spammers to chew on

Obviously there is a limit on how many persons make a team so if we get a team in who gets to ride in it

Just thinking as it may only be one team of four riders I think more than four want to ride so do we then ballot

• 2023 Subscriptions

Looking at the results from last year it seems like it was possible for clubs to have more than 1 team involved.

Dont know if there enough interest to fill 2 teams though?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

The details for the club entry are available now.

http://www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk/The_Events/Prudential_RideLondon-Surrey_100/Entries/British_Cycling_Club_Challenge.htm

We are again offering British Cycling affiliated clubs the chance to apply for team entries for this 100-mile event. Team categories are all men, all women or mixed (two male and two women) – you must specify the number of teams you want in each category when you apply.

Team entries close at 17:00 on Friday 21 March.

Application

Applications can be made by clicking the link below, you will be asked to provide the the name of the club, the number of team entries requested together with the name and email address of the person responsible for managing the club’s entries. If you have any enquires please: email [email protected]

Event Details

Successful teams will be informed by Friday 28 March. Clubs can apply for more than one team but all applications from a club must be co-ordinated by one person on behalf of the club.

Each rider within the team must pay their own entry fee (£48) and complete their own online entry form; all four riders in the team must have completed and paid for their entry by Friday 25 April or the team will lose its place.

There are places for 400 teams in the British Cycling Club challenge. If applications are received for more than 400 teams, a ballot will be held.

Every club that had a team riding in the 2013 event and applies for 2014 is guaranteed a minimum of one team in the 2014 event.

Please note:

• A team comprises four riders
  • Every rider in a team must be a current British Cycling member
  • Teams can comprise four men or four women or a mixed team of two men and two women
  • Riders who hold an Elite or Category 1 British Cycling Race Licence are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge
  • Riders who have already secured an individual place through the original entry ballot or a charity place are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge

I can do the initial application - How many of you are still interested in doing the event? Do we have enough for 2 teams? Or maybe i should start off by asking do we have enough for 1 team?

• Members

Completed the ride last year and have been fortunate to get a ballot place this year. Would recommend booking hotel soonest as holiday inn express near Olympic park increased from £65 last year to £110 this year and most hotels now fully booked.

Cheers Iain