Sunday 24th March - Main Bunch

Gummers

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hope the brave 4-some we passed on the Georgetown this morning enjoyed themselves. Me and the 2 wee muls were on our way to a 2 hour crit training session when we sped by in the car. Good day for East to West travel.

PS. Just thought, one of the 2 wee muls might just be taller than me now. icon_bawling

Edited by martin

• 2023 Subscriptions

I just missed youse at the BB. I had wanted to go over Loch Thom so I went on cross bike in case of snow. Timed things to meet you at BB. However the moor road involved clambering through a lot of snow drifts, some about 8 ft deep but you could run over the crusty top and only sink in to your knees ! Then punctured when I hit a bit of metal in the snow about 2 miles from Largs when hands were numb.

Arrived at BB on my knees and heard you left 15 mins earlier.

So quick cuppa, up Heely where I met Tony C then home.

Has a vintage You've been Framed moment when I was descending in soft snow in middle of road as the tractor ruts were too icy, saw a deep drift, too slippy to brake so tried to surf it. Doh, it was about 3 ft deep and I did a somersault into the soft snow.

Character building

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Great day on the bike with good craic and banter on the way out to Largs. Very fast and fun. Fun really started though when we turned up into the West Kilbride to Dalry road. A fierce icy headwind didn't just hurt the body but sucked out the spirit too! Took the cycle-path back after Kilbirnie when we had to work hard to keep on Paul's wheel. You could tell he was pleased to be getting home! I reckon 70 to 75 miles today.

Paul sorry we missed you today! Respect though for taking the route over the hills!

Andy

• 2023 Subscriptions

Me, Darryll, PaulC,Andy, AlanF, Colin, and Iain Couttie, in what was definitely a game of 2 halves , so to speak, a breeze (well a wee bit more than a breeze) down to West kilbride, then pure torture trying to keep up with Darryll on the many wee climbs into the teeth of it all the way home....... A hot bath was the order of the day, the old legs are still in bits the nooo, good fun right enough See me? See happy? Sorry we missed you Paul, sounds like a pretty eventful day for you !!!!