New Club Equipment

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

Dear all,

As some of you may already know, the club has secured some funding through its membership and participation in the Johnstone Community Sports Hub, run by Renfrewshire Council. Through the Hub we secured SportScotland funding for a number of coaching courses and for some new equipment.

The coach funding will be used to increase the number of coaches we have in both the main club and the Jets.

The new equipment we are obtaining is:

• 5 sets of Tacx rollers (will be in the club house later this week, once I have built them up)
  • 5 Dolan track bikes (hopefully delivered within the next week or so)
  • time keepers stopwatch (to be ordered shortly)

The rollers will be left for all to use in the club rooms (please ensure you strictly follow the instructions to adjust them to fit your bike - it's fairly easy, but not without the instructuions!).

The track bikes (sizes 60cm, 56cm, 54cm, 52cm and 50cm) will be available for all current club members and at present the committee have suggested that they should be "hired" for a 1 month period for £10 (free to youth/junior), which should cover maintenance/repair costs. Once we have them I will start a booking system, based on first come, first served basis.

Thanks have to go to:

• Dooley's Cycles for maximising the amount of kit we are getting for the available funding.
  • Renfrewshire Council for making the funding application on behalf of the Hub.
  • SportScotland for the funding.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Cheers,

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

Darryl,

Sorry for slow response. In theory yes, but we want to make sure there are enough sets in the club rooms for people training there. Equally, if they are not being used for training at the club, it is far better that they are being used by club members for racing/training at the velodrome than just lying around.

I'll post up details over the weekend.

Cheers,

R

• 2023 Subscriptions

All rollers are now built and at the club rooms.

They have to be adjusted to the size of your bike and this is only done by adjusting the quick release and the internal spring loaded adjusters on each side of the machine. There are instuction manuals in a plastic wallet on the "book shelf", and while it is not difficult, it is not obvious what to do without the instructions. If they are not set up properly, they could move/slip and you will end up in a heap on the ground (you have been warned).

Have fun on them.

R

P.S. - If you haven't used rollers before, I would recommend starting next to a wall!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Quick picture of one of the bikes sitting on one of the rollers.

Just trying to sort out a few legal words to protect the club and riders, then the lending can commence.

Thanks again to Dooleys, especially for getting the bikes in JWCC colours!!! Ohyadancer! :banana Ohyadancer! :banana

R

post-3319-0-50075500-1354644272_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...