Main Bunch July 1

Guest EPCC

Did one the other week there, McB. If its not deemed too impolite to ask, how far south do you want to go?!!! Rednecks or duelling banjos?

How does this grab you? Miller Street, Paisley, Clarkston, E. Kilbride, Strathaven then either Muirkirk Sorn and Catrine and back to Galston before heading to Moscow and Fenwick and a return to Miller street via Stewarton, Dunlop, Luggie and Howwood. Alternative would be to head straight to Glaston from Strathaven. Longer route 100 ish I guess. For shorter route I know a slight variation on the getting to Strathaven bit that involves a hill!

Only naff bit is getting through EK, but should be quiet at that time of the morning and no worse than going along the A78 through Greenock in terms of traffic truth be told. All dual carriage way and roundabouts until you hit the Strathaven Road. Only a suggestion mind Davie may have a hankering for undiscovered or long forgotten country lanes, littered with the bones of dead cyclists, ruts, gravel and potholes!!!

You get Ayrshire but from a Lanarkshire perspective. Any coffee/lunch stop would be random and pot luck

M

Mark,

My farmwatch specials will be reserved for my own private pleasure to ensure the tranquility I seek is not drowned out by greets and groans.

There are some sections which don't have a big white line down the middle but I was going to suggest Transmitter Hill, a known quantity and bale out options available. The fact that it bypasses EK is at least a positive. Only issue may be keeping it moving along especially if weather continues to be dire, on this point I thought the slightly different format of rolling over the top of hills and giving people the opportunity to work back on worked well on Sunday....and before anybody jumps in we did re-group at the bottom of the descents.

D

Need to watch what I post but I do agree with D it did work on Sunday in the most part reasonable to manage group made up of those that can climb and the rest

Need to watch what I post but I do agree with D it did work on Sunday in the most part reasonable to manage group made up of those that can climb and the rest

Aye Billy, like yourself hve no intention of starting some online debate here, and agree it would only work in some instances based on the bunch that was out on any given day - probably one just to play by ear and make the decision on the day as a temporary alternative to "usual" bunch rules.

Davie

Guest EPCC

Really good run int Ayrshire transmitter hill and some lovely rise I thought I had managed to get a tan however when showerred I found out it was nothing less than cow muck

Legs are finished been a heavy training week and I certainly feel it